Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your doodle sit like this.....almost indian style? I should try to get her to cross her ankles

My past dogs never sat like this. I think she does it because her poodle legs are too long for her short, stocky lab body

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
that is sooooooooooooo cute!!!

and i know Beau has done the same way of sitting ...cracks us up
max and peanut did too ONLY as puppies

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon's sit has always been straight. That's the first thing we noticed when we got her was how straight she sits, almost at attention. Head up, chest out, so pretty. She's the first dog we've had that did that, most of our other dogs sat like Mia.

She is so cute!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hehe...that's so cute. Dex sits like that when he's tired...it always cracks me up. He sits much more straight up when he's not tired.

Kirby either sits very straight up or lays down :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
myMia said:
Does your doodle sit like this.....almost indian style? I should try to get her to cross her ankles

My past dogs never sat like this. I think she does it because her poodle legs are too long for her short, stocky lab body
Yep... Ozzie sits exactly like that! I think he'll grow out of it eventually.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Cali sits like that a lot. I call it the doodle flop. That's how she sits with her seat belt harness, so I just have her lie down on the seat. I would think she would want to sit up on her haunches to look out the window, but nope, she goes all floppy. These were taken last summer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
our puppy kindergarden teacher called that the "puppy sit", when they kindof sit on their hip off to one side. she said it is really common in puppies, and when dogs get older they do it less often. it's also something she said you want to train out of them if you're doing formal obedience competition.

-em

·
Registered
141 Posts
This isn't the best picture of him doing it, but Charlie does it too. He's just being a lazy bum when he does it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Na Scout sits dead straight with her chest out. She looks so regal sometimes. But when she lies down, she tries to get as much of her under belly to touch the ground as possible. Legs spread as far apart as possible for extra surface area!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
hahahahahahhahaha!! YES!!!!! What is up with that?? Soooo freakin' cute!
Okay...camera time Bogart!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Dex does that too sometimes, usually when he's by the armrest of the sofa. He's actually put one paw up on the armrest too, so he looks like he's about to settle in for a favorite TV show. I never have the camera ready when he does that...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Spenno said:
Na Scout sits dead straight with her chest out. She looks so regal sometimes. But when she lies down, she tries to get as much of her under belly to touch the ground as possible. Legs spread as far apart as possible for extra surface area!
Haha Riley does this too - we call it "turkey butt" :p

Here's her crooked "sit" not a great angle but she sits on her hip like that sometimes too. If you have a treat though, she's at attention and chest puffed out!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Awww... another Doodle who has more lab in them. Very cute picture also I might add.

Yeah, Sam sits like that too sometimes. He sits all sorts of weird ways though... :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Abby sits exactly like that too and there was a standard Poodle in my training class who was 3 years old that sat the same exact way. I was told it was a poodle trait. It cracks me up :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts