Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else own doodle siblings ? We have had Lizzie and Louie--2 year old doodle sibs since August. Each day since they walked through our door and into our hearts has been an adventure. What has really struck us is how totally different they are ! They are nothing alike in personality. Has anyone else experienced this ? In aclimating them to their new home we have really had to handle them differently. Louie is totally adjusted as far as we can tell--Lizzie still has some insecurity issues. They really are like night and day--just wondering if this is typical in doodle sibs. I guess I shouldn't be suprised--my daughters are totally different in personality too !! Kathy, Lizzie and Louie

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 2 sibs (13 months old today) and they are too like night and day. Kia is very poodle-like and definitely "the boss" and Emmy is more laid back like a lab and very submissive to Kia. For example, when tossing the ball if Emmy gets it first she will drop it to Kia once she approaches. If Kia gets it first she brings it straight back to me. If we hold Kia so Emmy can actually retrieve , she pounces on it and brings it straight back ready for the next toss (not that she doesn't know what to do). Kia has always "taken" everything from Emmy so much so that I sit on the floor between them to prevent it most of the time.
Even said, they are the best buds as shown by this picture (totally not staged). Kia on the left; Emmy on the right.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
WOW!! What a great picture!!!! Is there any room left in the bed for you??? :shock: hahahaha...or is that just theirs?? :D
Kathie,Raleigh & Molly

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
That is a calendar picture for sure! Darling dogs and seeing them cuddling, well....warms the ol' ticker!

I have littermates, Bayley and Lexie. Very different personalities, but as close as they come. They understand each other and neither crosses the boundaries set by the other.

When they were tiny, Bayley always learned something new first and she taught Lexie. It was amazing to watch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Raleighsmom said:
WOW!! What a great picture!!!! Is there any room left in the bed for you??? :shock: hahahaha...or is that just theirs?? :D
Kathie,Raleigh & Molly
Actually, we have yielded the bed to them in the early morning as it really settles them for at least an hour. It's our time for internet without worrying what they are up to in the back yard. We swore they would not get on the beds or couch....................................

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a wonderful picture !! Your two sound alot like Lizzie and Louie. Lizzie is really the boss, and Louie just goes with the flow. The issue we are having with Lizzie is that she is really jealous. If we are giving attention to Louie or our other dog, or grandog Shelby--she gets right in your face to divert the attention to her. If my husband is giving me a hug--she gets between us !! She wants all the attention--all the time !! She really is quite the princess--but we feel this might come from the insecurity of adjusting to a new home. We try to spread the love and attention around--but she makes it hard ! Has anyone else experienced this ? We want this sweet girl to feel secure in her forever home. Kathy, Lizzie and Louie

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
what a great PIC!!!! ohhhhhhhhhhh it's sooooo sweet!!!

we have 2 doodles that are half brother and sister and 5mos apart in age. They bonded closely really quick. Peanut has only been with us for a month . she rules the roost with Max hahahhahaa they share all toys, nap/sleep together etc. I can't wait to see with time how peanut and max further develop and deepen their relationship with each other and us as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts