Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone :D
After hearing of the "comical" things doodles do and laughs us owners get ...well why not share YOUR DOODLE'S quirks---giving us all another laugh.

Yes we all realize we have the smartest,cutest, most lovable dogs around which is probably the reason they try to outsmart us at times with quirks. :wink:

MAJOR QUIRK THEY ALL HAVE: Tazmanian devil triathalon run thru the house hahhaa I do believe they are natural "interior re-decorators".

QUIRK #1: Max loves to steal, sort and go thru the laundry lost and found SOCK BOX. Running faster than a speeding bullet, jumping higher than the tallest chair in the house, ears flapping in the wind he creates to finally coming to a screaching halt at mom's feet to dropp the sock at my feet and barking to say "YES I DID IT AGAIN :!: " :D we also hear his "mutley" laugh in the background as he goes sock hunting again quietly this time.

#2-- we don't fall for :LAZINESS like laying down within 2ft of his toy, barely reaching it, picks up his head, moves forward 1in, looks at us with sad eyes, then sighing as if he is asking US to get it for him :roll: (yeah right hahaha) and finally going Hmmpf if we don't. eventually he gets he manages to reach his OWN toy, plays and tries this allover again.
:shock: (of course this is always performed when we are watching a movie, have company or rather when he isn't the center of attention) :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
At the ripe old age of one, Sadie has finally lost her taste for carpets, shoes and furniture, but still maintains a craving for socks - BIGTIME! She is constantly stealing socks from laundry baskets or the floor (which isn't hard in this house with two teens who haven't seemed to figure out what the laundry basket is for yet). She grabs the sock, races around with it dangling from her mouth, and defies anyone to try and get it from her. She will drop it on command, but will grab it again if given half a chance. And the worst part is, if we don't notice her with the sock, or don't pay her attention right then and there, she will chew a hole in it and would probably eat the whole thing if we didn't stop her!

So, if anyone on the forum knows where I can get some good prices on socks - let me know!

Other than that, she has matured into a mostly well behaved dog and we love her to pieces, so take heart all you pup owners out there. It WILL get better!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ah, so many things! I am sure we will get a lot of fun answers to this post!
My dogs love bedtime...MY bedtime! It doesn't matter if they are awake at the time or if they have to wake up to do it...when I come to bed (they know it's time by my routine) EVERY one of our 5 dogs (keep in mind that the lightest one is 50 lbs) curls up on my bed...it is covered top to bottom in dogs! Then they "pretend" to be sound asleep and they don't "hear" me telling them "off!"....nosiree...they become dead weight. I pull one or two off the bed by their collar and when I start on another, they jump back up.
Finally, I move them around enough that I can push myself under them and climb inbetween the sheets...with dogs on top.
Well...now that I have struggled with them for a while, and I am finally settled in to read (I love to read in bed)...they all jump off the bed and find their own spot...or sometimes they are lucky and Dave gets up to ... well, you know...and they all jump onto his side and the games begin again!
Here are some pictures...keep in mind that we now have 2 other BIG dogs! (But we love them...and we find this game rather endearing.)

·
Registered
424 Posts
That is so funny. They looked soooo relaxed.

Sadie lies like that too - sprawled out on her back with her legs in the air - so lady like.

Maybe that is another doodle quirk?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahhaha those doodles on the bed are a riot!! I swear doodles KNOW COMFORT when they see it :lol:
Max waits thinking we'll pick him up to the bed hahah! finally jumps up, tries to get us to play by laying inbtween us, realizes we're boring him to death with our book reading, then takes 15 min of 5 different positions to get to the end of the bed--on top of my feet of course. If i try to sleep in the morning...well MAX curls up on top of my head on my pillow. Let me tell you ---it's a real eyeopener hahhaha better than coffee?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love this photo it should be sent to a mag! I wonder why all doodles relax this way on their backs with all on show

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
HAha! :lol: :lol: :lol: those stories are sooo funny! Jacque, a picture is worth a thousand words and your pictures are as precious as they are hilarious--I can just picture the seven of you in bed!! :lol:

Dakota still does the Tazmanian thing, but fortunately, it doesn't last for three hours at a time like it did when he was a really young pup! :wink: My husband usually gets up before me on the weekends. Dakota will wander out and visit him in the livingroom. I'm sure a little lightbulb goes off in his head. From a perfectly calm state, he will feverishly look for the most disgusting toy, rawhide or hoof that he can find. My only clue as to what is going on is the sound of a freight train coming down the hallway! That's my cue to wrap my arms over my eyes (he has given me a black eye before!) Mind you, we have a bench at the foot of the bed, but I guess that just makes the game more fun! He will take a flying leap over the bench and onto the bed. When I dare to open my eyes, I find him standing over me staring down with his little prize stuck in my face!! :roll: :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
night-time is the best! jonah flies across the room, moves the bed a few feet, then the game of getting under the covers. once i succeed, the game is over and to the floor he goes. not so lucky after the wee hours potty run. starts the same, covers game etc., but then he settles down and it's hot breathe on the back of the neck for a while. and to alert me of a needed potty run, he sneaks (right!) onto the bed and licks my right eye, never the left, only the right. i'm getting used to it, was quite a shock the first few times!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Quirky Doodles

Denver does that same thing where he will jump partly on the bed and then waits to see if I will get up and help him. Please he is six months old and close to sixty pounds. But when we are downstairs and he is in his zoomy mood, he charges upstairs and you can clearly hear him fly onto the bed and off a zillion times. So funny when they do that "I can not get up onto the couch or bed and look to you for help when you know darn well they can jump up onto your counters steal dinner and then run upstairs and take your bed before you can get there. I love these dogs so much, so much character.

Blueteal

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to jannie

hi jannie....have your tried EBAY for socks hahahha if not there's always the dollar stores :wink:
Luckily for us max just sloppers over socks ...so far we ain't HOLY here like you

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
jonah's the same, it's more of a look what i found! my brother's lab mix had a bra fetish, and in their old townhouse, they had a floor to ceiling window. many a time they would come home from work, and there was sherwood, displaying a bra for all the world to see. my sister-in-law never saw the humor in this :oops:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love these!! Since we got Lizzie and Louie as two year olds we see new quirks almost daily! Lizzie is a drama queen, and Louie is mister mellow. We have discovered that Louie is a "leaner" If he wants attention he just very quietly comes over and leans against you. It is so sweet! If you don't respond quick enough--he leans harder and harder and just looks at you with those big brown eyes--so hard to resist! Lizzie on the other hand considers herself the queen of all doodles and wants all the attention all of the time ! She gets right in your face and does something adorable !! They are so fun !--and so different.---Kathy, Lizzie and Louie

·
Registered
853 Posts
Everyone's doods are so funny! :lol:

Jac - I love the pictures of your babies on the bed!

One of Doc's quirks is that if there is something on the kitchen counter that he wants, he stands there and barks once. Then if no one pays attention, he barks again. He does that until I tell him, "no bark", then he gives up. It's a certain bark and I've learned to recognize it when I'm not even in the kitchen.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sadie is a leaner too - she leans into you for affection and petting. She does that with strangers too - most people think it's adorable, but some are uncomfortable and automatically move back, which results in Sadie almost losing her balance and falling into them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
when otto wants attention he brings a toy and keeps pushing it into your lap or sometimes he likes to jump on your head

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of our doodles tries to help clean the windows, esp if there are a lot of "snoogers" on it (doodle snoot boogers.) He'll see a snooger on the window (which or his sister made) & he'll start licking it off & licking it off & before you know it the whole window is all nice & "clean" with his saliva all over the glass. I was beginning to think I was getting cataracts because everything outside was looking so blurry & filmy!

G

·
When Boyd wants to play he'll grab his toy and come up to us from behind and boink us on the butt. If we don't respond, he'll stick his head between our legs and look up at us with those imploring eyes.

He also loves to line his toys up in his crate and then carefully select which one he wants to play with. It's a hoot to watch, I seriously think he talks to himself when he does it!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts