Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I got a PM from Annmarie. She had to take Peanut to the emergency vet in the wee hours of the morning. It was a very short note so I don't have a lot of details. It could be an obstruction of some sort. She's having x-rays and was on a IV. If I hear more, I'll let you all know! Let's all keep our paws crossed for them!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Prayers for Peanut have gone straight to heaven!
Kathie,Raleigh & Molly

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI everyone and thank youuuuuuuuuu so much!!! wow having support like this ...well let's say you all got me teary eyed right now!!!

Peanut got really sick last night, couldn't walk, no life in her eyes, wouldn't eat, had vomited and then wouldn't take water, no treats etc.

So we got home from the vets at 6am today...They took xrays, put her on IV's and finally let us take her home. The vet felt we were very caring parents and would follow her orders to a T....little did this vet know if Peanut stayed---then I stayed hahahha can you see me sleeping in a crate cuddling my baby?!!! hahahahhaha

Anway, the xray showed someting, some type of possible obstruction? and we also didn't know if Peanut possibly had taken 3 motrin pills.And had to watch for low toxity and kidney failure. The vet was glad we brought her in saying she was a sick little doodle---the ER vet was really knowlegable about doodles :shock:

GOOD NEWS so far,,,, she had one heck of a poop today with possible dirt from a plant and not sure what else, very different colored poop (hahhahaa), and just ate a lttle food at 1pm now, drinking water and but not real active yet.

peanut is in Dave's older daughters arms right now resting. :) Max is beside himself ---he keeps checking on peanut giving her kisses

Thank youuuuuuuuu alllllllllll so much!!!!!!
She's on the mend

NOTE: small puppies cannot always pull through on their own like an older puppy like Max , jonah, Dexter etc

Anyway, i am making sure MY motrin stays in a bottle and not in my pocket when i go to work ....that we move that darn Mexican plant so everyone in my house can watch her better

Thanks again !!! were still watching Peanut as she isn't 100% but seems to be improving!!!! :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hurray!! Glad she's on the mend! Tell her she scared the crap out of all of us and that's just not nice!! Keep an eye on the little munchkin and make sure you do a follow-up with your regular vet for safety sake....and all of our piece of mind! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK about 2minute ago....she got up finally went for another plant and the dirt. Dave corrected her hahahha she ran to me with max on her heels. They now are playing on and around my feet...my shins got bit again :roll: and i for once am happy....means she's feeling better.
as in the past 24hours she barely moved

hahahha never thought i'd be happy to have my shins banged and nipped hahahhahahhaa!!! silly little doodles! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Okay we discovered the culprit....the other day I guess MAX stole the little kitchen sponge/scubber pad while counter surfing..dave relayed this to me. AND Peanut had eaten some of it!!!! so wahhlaaa there is our "obstruction" :roll: which obviously acccounts for the unique coloring of her poop a few hours ago.

NOW we are watching her today to see if pieices of the sponge come out and also she ate 2 small meals so far and yeah I've got POOP watch hahahaa
At least she got active and chased Max around enough to be in for a nap now.
hahhahhahaa ohhhhhhhh life with doodles :wink:

Like i said before Partners in Crime

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
know what? we figured out the culprit...other night Max countersurfed and got the kitchen sponge/scrubber pad and shared it with Peanut who ate a few pieces of it.

so, now I have POOP watch...she did eat 2 small meals today, finally came to life chasing max around and now napping, My 1st set of company just left...hahhaha now time to shower and go get my daughter who is 19yrs old today and celebrate her birthday in a little while

soooooooo Groodle Gang here is Partners in Crime for sure!!!! don't ya just love when they share?! :roll:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts