Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You guys are soooooo lucky :!: :!: Have fun and be sure to tell us all about it afterwards :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We (Jac, Jetts mom and whoever else will be joining us) are very excited and wish so much you could join us!! My husband and I will start sprucing up the yard tonight! Dakota is scheduled for a professional grooming on Thursday afternoon. I explained the Friday "event" and the groomers know he must look his very best!! They are very excited as well!!
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
207 Posts
LOL, I just scheduled Copper for a bath and brush on Thursday as well. I didn't have him groomed again for obvious reasons. :shock:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, dear! GROOMING!!! I have never taken my dogs to a groomer!

It is a "do it yourself" deal at my house! Oh, well...I still think that they are all cute as the dickens....and Chase is our "rasta dog" so he looks like a doodle!

My girls never need "grooming" other than a bath, which all of the dogs will get Thursday...then pray that we don't get rain (which equals mud and a whole new doggie-look!)

I'll try to get Chase's hair cut to even out...Rosie's too...hooooboy!

Dave is taking Friday off so that we can all come down...it's our anniversary, so we are excited to be doing something like this.

What fun! I can't wait...the dogs will have a ball...I pity the poor photographer! 8)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Happy Anniversary Jac & Dave :!: :!:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks Diane! Can you imagine? Our gift to each other is this "doodle outing"??? 8)
I am so glad that he loves them as much as I do!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks Diane! Ah, she might change her mind when she sees the ragged haircut that I put poor Rosie through in the summer! It is grown out now, but still not nearly as nice as it was before I cut it! Dang!!! Oh, well, Rosie is still a cutie pie and if she needs to wait for a better hair day, that will be okay too.
We are leaving in a couple of hours so I will be out of touch, except by cell phone. I'll send a PM with Dave's cell number for you.
Can't wait to see you!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Linda, Maureen and Di--ditto! I wish more of you were joining us! Dakota was "groomed" today: bath, brush-out and a " gentle trim of his beard and around his eyes. His beard is very stained and we paid extra for whitning shampoo but the cutie bug has the same stained beard! :wink: I'll post MY photos of the shoot--I'm sure it will be a riot! :roll:
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
It would be great to get to meet all of you in person, of course I know Linda and Maureen but have never had the pleasure of meeting the rest of you guys. Maybe someday :) Until then, we have to be thankful for this forum and for pictures :D Can't wait to hear all about it :!: :!:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
We had a GREAT visit...and a terrific time!
Diane is a remarkable hostess, a good friend...and her husband is a kind and wonderful man...Dakota is soooooo charming!
It was so fun seeing Vicky, Luke, Jason and (of course) Copper again!
But, oh...my gosh...did we have a calamaty of events! hahahaaaaa! (All in all, I wouldn't trade it...had a super visit!)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was a blast!! Even if it was a bit stressful! To be honest, most of the day is a blur--I do remember snippets! The photographers' truck broke down and they were in small vehicle and limited on props, so before 8am, Gene and I were out shopping for flowers! Jac--please refer to my prior email--you WON"T stay at Motel 6 again--we have plenty--well maybe not plenty--but adequate room! And let me add that Jacque, Dave, Vicky, Steve, Jason, Luke, Lexie, Bayley, Nitos, Chase, Rosie and Copper (did I forget anyone?) are welcome here anytime.! What a fun bunch! :lol: Oh, and let me add that I think Rosie is a shoe-in for a fall Goldendoodle calendar shot--if not the cover. She is so pretty!
Diane, Gene and Dakota

1 - 20 of 37 Posts