Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK know how many times some of have experienced doodle negativity
WELL
my vets office and everyone there fell in LOVE with BEAU saying how Calm, sweet and smart he is.

ONE WOMAN actually touched my arm and asked if Beau was a goldendoodle :shock: and was telling everyone how neat they are, so smart, get the best out of 2 great breeds and how sweet and lovable they are :shock:

i asked her how she knew Beau was a GD as he doesn't look like typical ones
her reply: there are 2 in her neighborhood and everyone is in love with them :D

It felt so great to have a complete stranger go goo-goo gaa-gaa over Beau and poor baby was so groggy from anesthesia he could barely sit as he kept sliding with a dazed look on his face.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beau is 7mos old now and weighs 56lbs and almost 22in tall
but he looks so lean

·
Registered
670 Posts
what a sweet boy!! :D

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Awwww Beau!!! I love you too!!!!!! Look at those eyes!!!! Makes me smile!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i know we're all biased
and with Max i get people scared of him hahhahaa they see a BIG black dog and 9/10 asked if he's a Irish wolfhound hahhahaa
Peanut her looking like a stuffed polar bear attracts people but they hear DOOODLE word and you know , the weird looks etc

With Beau his color for one attracts people and the want to touch him but his calm nature really is what wins them over and they SEEK more info if they're not familar and he's easily accepted
those that knwo these dogs brag about them but say Beau is the nicest temperament they've ever seen on ANY DOG

he's not one to jump, is quiet, sits by my side and waits for me to say okay before approaching others. and of course he has the Sad Hush Puppy eye look down pat hhhahaaaaaaaaaa

sooooooooooo hopefully here in Rochester where till recently there was much prejudice AGAINST doodles well i can help to change that
especially if one or all make it to CGC and therapy work :D

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
It felt so great to have a complete stranger go goo-goo gaa-gaa over Beau and poor baby was so groggy from anesthesia he could barely sit as he kept sliding with a dazed look on his face.
Did I miss something? Did Beau have surgery? Hope everything is okay. He does look a bit groggy in that picture.

Cali was at the vet this morning to get her Bordatella shot and she was so charming. It was so nice to have everyone ooooh and ahhhh over her. Yeah doodles, show your stuff!

And, she now weighs 70 lb.s!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Is Beau ok? I must have missed something too - Poor baby!!

Rather than "doodle negativity" I prefer to think of it as DOODLE ENVY!!! When I first got Tyke I met a woman who breeds german shorthaired pointers - with typical AKC snobbery, she said "I just can't believe that people pay money for a mixed breed dog." I just looked at her and said "Honey, ALL dogs were mixed breeds at one time, unless you own a WOLF!" :roll: What a dope!!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I want to add here that, happily, I have encountered very little negativity toward the Labradoodle. People tend to fall in love with Dakota at first sight and seem to ask almost hopefully, "Is he a . . . Labradoodle???" When they hear 'yes' they -- even the lab owners -- are usually delighted!
Hmmmmm . . . maybe California is more accecptable, to the point of celebrating, 'different' ???

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
We have found that most people think he is pretty darn cute (at least to our faces)... but then there is always that comment about buying such an expensive mutt... but how can you put a price tag on perfection???

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BEAU was put under for an OFA hip test.......and well it took him alot longer to come out of it than planned and he whimpered/cried until 10:30pm last night

he's fine today and acting normal
and he's my baby :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Poor Beau! I'm glad he's ok now, and I'm sure he's getting lots of (EXTRA) spoiling!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Doodles

Hey...we know how special we doodles are and that's all that matters!!! Look at all the pictures here - one cuter than another.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts