Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night we got another lovely rain storm. Dexter is so hyper when we get home from work after being alone all day...we really need to walk him somewhere! We had been at Petsmart Sun and Mon and didn't have the nerve to go back again so I called Home Depot and found out dogs are allowed in the store on a leash. It was a good outing for him...someplace different with different noises and distractions.

He was a perfect little angel. He is such a begger...everytime I looked at him he was doing his doodle smile at someone in the store in hopes of getting attention.

G

·
That explains it!!! I have seen small dogs in Home Depot either being carried or sitting in the cart. Good to know that all size dogs are allowed if they are on leash.

I assume you avoided the lumber aisle - lots of tasty morsels in that one! :roll:

Pray tell, what did Dexter do in PetSmart that made you switch venues?? :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually read somewhere online that they were allowed there. But I called ours first to ask. We did keep him very close to us to avoid him getting into any trouble.

haha...he didn't do anything bad in petsmart...however we had been there 2 days in a row and 1) we were getting bored there and 2) we didn't want to start getting the "weren't you just here yesterday" from the employees so we thought we'd try someplace new. :lol:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Not all Home Depots...ours has recently put signs up...only service dogs allowed same for REI. But our State Liquor Store has a sign up saying don't leave your dog in your car...bring them in...treats given...go figure! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WOW i didn't know this and i was told to bring Max out more to socialize him. I'll have to call my home depot.

HOWEVER am i the only one who walks doodles in the pouring rain, sleet, snow and inclement weather? i get cold, wet, muddy and sometimes become a human ice sculpture hahahhaaa YEP i say that's true love !!
dave does the same too.......what a guy!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi,

We have several shopping areas in Colorado that allow dogs. The new thing for us is "outdoor malls" . The newest couple that have went up are dog friendly and most of the stores allow dogs in with you when you shop - you can tell by a symbol in the window.

I took my daughter to a Build a Bear and ran into another doodle in the store a week ago!

I'm sure other parts of the country are different but keep looking - dogs are allowed in some of the strangest places!

Heather

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HEY justthought of something. :idea: We;ll all probably spend LESS $$$ at home depot if we bring out doodles with us hahhahahahhaa!! i can go nuts in that store! :roll:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha...that's funny. I really like bringing Dexter to new places with new distractions/noises! we went for a really long walk along the beach yesterday evening (finally we are having nice weather!) and there were all these guys carrying their fishing gear to the water - Dex seemed mesmorized by their tall boots and gear...it was pretty funny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts