Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone..
My labradoodle is a f1 labradoodle. his fur has recently started to come out . Its not coming out in large quantities but its enough to worrie about.

Is it normal for f1 labradoodles to loose some fur?

Thanks

Gavin

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's good. This means that we won't have naked furless doodles running around for a while. You guys are experiencing the onset of winter. Naked furless doodles would be most inconvenient. :lol: Having said that, my doodle will probably go through this fur shedding close to our Australian winter.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahah Vanessa!! good point

most doodle puppies blow puppy fur ...Beau is 5mos and just barely beginning too.
Max and peanut did from 5 to 7mos old in which they'll shed alot but don't worry ---no bald spots occur :wink:

·
Registered
134 Posts
It would seem that Sam is a bit of a breed anomaly. He's an F3 doodle but does shed when you do the pinch test. The breeder is waiting with baited breadth to see how he turns out. She's not too sure what his fur is going to do when he grows up. I wonder if I can dress him up in a little doodle coat. Hm, on second thoughts, he might get laughed at by the neighbourhood dogs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey. thanks for all the great comment.. Charlie is 6 and a half months old. his hair only seems to shed abit when hes wet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bodzin does

I just got my Bodzin from the shelter and he is 4.5 months old and is shedding quite a bit. I can't tell if it is from the shelter or the puppy coat thing. I am hoping that it stops soon!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I've heard great things about "the furminator" deshedding brush from alot of people. its expensive but it works, if she shedding bothers you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
KingstonTodd said:
I've heard great things about "the furminator" deshedding brush from alot of people. its expensive but it works, if she shedding bothers you.
I bought a Target brand furminator, which is really the same thing with a different handle (only $10). I can use it on Charlie and get a giant hairball, then still have tumbleweeds the next day. The first time I used it, the hairball I got was about the size of a basketball. After a few days it went down to about softball sized. He was shedding like mad for a few weeks, but it seems to have subsided a little bit. He didn't shed in the summer, so it must be a winter coat thing. I even found a tumbleweed upstairs where he isn't allowed (he eats the kids toys :evil: ).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts