Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Our puppy, Biscuit, has such a sensitive stomach. He is on a lamb and rice based dry food that he tolerates; once he had treats with wheat and he ended up with a yeast infection. Another time, we gave him a small bit a puppy ice cream cup from culver's and the next morning, he threw up. He can only have dog food, nothing else. His treats are liver treats. And, I was buying him these great smoked bones at the meat locker that he absolutely loves and they give him diarrhea.

Do you think it's the poodle that is so sensitive. Maybe I should get some poodle information and stop treating my dog like a lab. My last dog, a lab mix had an iron stomach.

Just wondering.

Thanks.

Susan

·
Registered
377 Posts
Don't know where the sensitive stomach comes from but several of us seem to be dealing with it. Toby absolutely cannot tolerate the yogurt treats or the liver treats. So sad because he loves the liver so much.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi, sorry that you are having trouble, Susan. It is a common complaint for our dogs. They do tend to have sensitive digestive systems.
Many dog foods are created specifically for this problem and sold only through vets. You might want to ask your vet for advice the next time you are there.
Good luck! Jac

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Same here, Linda. I have noticed that all of my dogs have slowed down on eating. When they were puppies they ate a lot, but as they become adults, they get picky and eat much less.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Susan,

Did you read the thread titled Colitis in Puppy? It has some good information about sensitive stomachs. Sawyer has the same issues and cannot really have anything to eat other than dog food without getting sick. We now feed him Eagle Pack holistic food and it seems to have worked miracles!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts