Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I have noticed about Tuesday is she NEEDS jobs, she WANTS to do things for me. She waits by the window for the paper so that she can bring it to me, brings my hiking shoes when I ask (and when she is hinting to me that she wants to walk), brings the leashs on command , and goes into the bedroom and nuzzles my 16 yr. old's face when she won't get up, on command.
Poor Marley needs some jobs. He can fetch but I can't give him any of Tuesday's jobs, it would break her heart.
What kind of jobs do you give your dogs? Any ideas on a job for Marley?
He is only 7 months but learns very quickly!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I've heard of dogs that will pick up dirty clothes and drop them in a hamper...

If you have a 16 yr old that might come in handy! lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nicky's job (according to him) is to wake me up at 7 in the morning, give or take a few minutes.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Calvin thinks his job is to destroy everything! Chew the siding off the house, find empty wrappers of all kinds to eat, go through the bathroom trash for treats....ICK!

Leslie

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have contemplated giving Marley a day or 2 of Tuesdays paper duty but I think it would be too confusing. 2 different times I have spaced out the paper when the dogs were outside and both times I have opened the door to find my front yard covered in confetti & Marley running around in total bliss, throwing the last shread of newspaper up in the air! Poor Tuesday is sitting there head down with the saddest eyes....
How do you teach this job?

HaHa!!! Seriously, I really need to think of something for him. :?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...Dexter's job is much like what was posted. Poor Kirby seems to think he needs to be our watch dog. I keep trying to tell him he just needs to be a dog and have fun, but he is very diligent in his task.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
We tried the paper fetching with Charlie and he loved it but... he also chewed it to bits. We've never actually tried to teach him a job but he does enjoy cleaning the kitchen floor and making sure all the recyclables on the back porch are completely clean of any food. He enjoys waking people up by pouncing on them too.

I guess he is just a spoiled and indulged only child.

Deb

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
You asked what they teach service dogs...here is a darling video of a 10 week old puppy...very cute. Also, look to the right side of the video and you will see other videos of puppy training.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the video Jac! What a smart puppy!!!
The light switch looks like a good "job". I am going to check-out the other video's tonight and see if I can't find more....

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver is the peacekeeper.............a job he gave himself from day one.
If any two cats are fighting, he immediately puts his body in between
and holds his head up high................He takes many smacks to the body
for his efforts but they cannot reach his face...............and when they reach up to try, he is the best head dodger around...................he also rounds up any cat who goes where they are not supposed to go, like
if they run into the garage we send Denver in to bring them back into the house......He takes this very seriously and has never come back catless.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Lucky Me said:
ahhhh....so Denver is a "Mary Poppins" :lol:
teehee, he is very protective of them all
When ever any of his dog buddies come over, they are not
allowed to go near any of the cats as Denver will get in their way.
Even though the other dogs are cat friendly..........thats my Denver!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts