Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions on cleaning Doodle beards? I thought I read something on here once about lemon juice. Dakota's beard is almost a chalk color and it is stained brown. My husband is threatening to cut it off . . . :shock:
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
853 Posts
I figured Doc's beard was hopeless so I cut it off. I like it so much better short because it was VERY dirty and stained all the time. There is a whitening shampoo for white dogs that might help a little. I used to use it on my Bichon Frise, but, I can tell you that it certainly did not work miracles. :( Maybe others know of some better ideas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to work for an animal hospital that had grooming services. Our groomer had this stuff that she used on white dogs faces, like for the tear stainfs, and beards and stuff. It really worked well.

Maybe you can find a local groomer and ask them for a recommendation on what to use for his beard. Also you should check out petedge.com, they have a lot of whitening and brightening shamppos and lotions for that.

·
Registered
294 Posts
evey time otto digs in the garden, I have to wash his small beard. otherwise put up with the dirty look

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
lol diane you are so right!!

but I do have granddogs ;) (my blacks throw cream and apricots so I get this in the email box!) and I love looking at yours too!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yes, Angie, they certainly do! Isn't it cute???

I had to post my "dirty dood" picture...this is Rosie, our Goldendoodle

And, lest you think she outgrew this phase...

And here is my smiling doggie, Lexie (our Labradoodle)

But this is my favorite smiling dog...mama Bayley and her babies

1 - 16 of 16 Posts