Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are 90% sure Dexter ate my husband's wedding ring (within the last hour). It is made of titanium...we were thinking of letting it come out naturally. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would it be harmful for him to pass it naturally? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I would call the vet but my gut instinct says it will pass with no problem.
Now waching him around the clock to "pass" may be a little tougher. :)

G

·
Aaaack!!! All I can say to help is that when I was waiting for Bella to pass something (which will remain unmentioned :lol: ) it took 3 days!!! So be patient :wink:
Good Luck!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, my goodness!
I don't think it will hurt your dog, it is probably a smooth material...if it has sharp edges (don't laugh, some rings are angular! :oops: ) then you'd want to "cushion" it somehow.
But, I'd just watch the poopies...what fun!

·
Registered
689 Posts
The list of things Archie has eaten is pretty long but nothing we had to search and rescue---just check to see it came out.
Good luck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Leslie, Our Golden Retriever once ate my dd's sterling silver ring. It was yacked up about one week later. It was a little tarnished but cleaned up real good :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
oh boy! i would call the vet just to be sure

and you're going to have to check the poop constantly... I sure hope you get your ring.

My daughter once swallowed a quarter hahahha it took 10 days for her to pass it through. I had to go through every diaper for 10days. :roll:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update...so we took Dexter to the vet tonight and they x-rayed him (said he should have pooped it out by now)...there was no ring on the x-ray. So now we have to go back to searching the house for the wedding ring (at least it's not inside of him!) :?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, my goodness...at least when you thought it would be wending its way through Dexter...you knew where it was! :oops:
Hope you find it!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lmtoth2... said a little prayer to St Anthony that you find your ring

and glad Dexter is doing well too

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hehe...no they just x-rayed his belly area. I only took a quick look at it, but now that I think about it, I kinda wish I asked to take it home cause I think x-rays are cool too :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
but couldnt it be in his intestines?? I would still watch a few more poops! (while looking everywhere else in the world!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts