Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been infected with doodle addiction. Its a common disease, a lot of you have it, and there is no cure. We have Hershey and she just turned 1!! We came accross a girl on a poomix rescue site and fell in love. Too bad she is in CA (california) and we are in CA (canada). I am trying to get them to fly her closer to us. Its unlikely, but we are crossing our fingers.

Hershey, after a bath

Thepotential recruit, Lilly

Now the questions:
With they wrestle ALL the time? Hershey will wrestle for hours at the park.
Are two girls better than a coed pair?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the world of Doodleaholics! We only made it 6 months before we joined. We have a male and a female, 18 mo and 15 mo. My family always had females growing up (2 at a time) and it was never a problem. Wrestling is their main source of play, not constant now but still a lot. The Doodle 500 X2 is another favorite. I would not change a thing they are so much fun it has all been worth it. When they get too out of hand we crate them to let them settle down. I am watching Toby stand in wait to pounce on Lani and now they are doing laps around the couch! Good Luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Lily is gorgeous, I hope it will work out for you :) Two females are fine together as long as they are spayed. Two intact females can get pesty with each other, same as intact males.

I'm pulling for ya :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
I considered myself doodle addicted too but I can't imagine having 2 little devil puppies. Maybe once Chloe outgrows the pants latching, rug dragging and toe nipping stage, I will reconsider :lol:

Of course who couldn't love such an "innocent" face???

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
NOPE, no way, I don't believe a word of it :!: :!: Look at that face, how can you even think Chloe could do such devilish deeds :twisted:

I give you 6 mos tops before you are looking for another :wink:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
oh my gosh look at that WHITE Doodle!!!
no wonder you can't resist her!

yep, yep yep, to all of the above....(including Chloe's future playmate :wink: )

Spayed girls do just fine together, same as neutered males. Co-ed is ok too, again, if all are 'fixed'.

KEEP US POSTED!

G

·
Todd,
Lily looks beautiful!
If they won't/can't ship her, how about a beautiful, male Goldendoodle in Toronto named Bosun?
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=8672932

Bosun
Dog

Ann and Petes Foster Home for Animal Alliance
Toronto, ON
905-939-2692
[email protected]

Golden Retriever,Poodle Mix

Size: Medium
ID:

Notes: Bosun is a 6 month neutered male "Golden-Doodle". Of course most people would know that this designer dog is not actually a breed but a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle. In Bosun's case, mom was the Retriever and dad the poodle according to his paperwork when he was purchased. At present he weighs just over 20 lbs so he is obviously taking after his dad in the size department and will probably mature to be about 35 lbs. He does, however, have an attractive gold coat just like Mom which is low-shedding - not non-shedding. He has come into our programme because his family are moving and cannot take him with them. He is well mannered, socialized and was loved by the two children in his home who were kind and respectful of him. Bosun is a happy well-adjusted puppy who needs another family to love. He is great with other dogs and has good leash manners. A special pup who will enrich your life beyond measure, with heart of gold to match his coat, a friend for life to treasure

This pet is up to date with routine shots.
This pet is already house trained.
This pet has been altered.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Maureen....you need to stop teasing!! Two is my limit!! :wink:

And to answer the previous question....wrestle 24/7 with time out to eat, drink, run around like crazy...snuggle time....did I mention wrestling?? :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK kingstontoodd......we have 2 doodles 5mos apart in age

1--YES they wrestle 24/7
2---YES they are hysterical aka funnier than hell at times and othertimes put us thru hell with sock chasing hahahhahhaa
3 ---they never argue or fight...but we have a male and female. Peanut is the 1st female dog i've ever had and she's so sweet , in fact she chases butterflies and moths outside.

I LOVE having 2 doodles though at times it is work but well worth it!!!

I think everyone on this forum should be required to have 2 doodles to be a true doodleaholic addict hahahhahahhaa

OH did i mention my breeder is due with another litter of goldendoodles any day now...and NO i am not getting a 3rd

thanks EVERYONE for the puppy fix pics!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Annmarie wrote
I think everyone on this forum should be required to have 2 doodles to be a true doodleaholic addict hahahhahahhaa

OH did i mention my breeder is due with another litter of goldendoodles any day now...and NO i am not getting a 3rd
I think that when the new litter is born that you
should add one more to your house for a total of three
and therefore letting me off the hook for only having one.
That way everything balances out as you will have taken my second Doodle for me.
How does that sound.
Bahahaahhhahaahaaa!!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
blueteal said:
I think that when the new litter is born that you
should add one more to your house for a total of three
and therefore letting me off the hook for only having one.
That way everything balances out as you will have taken my second Doodle for me.
How does that sound.
Bahahaahhhahaahaaa!!!!!
I think it sounds like doodle mom have noodle in head.

Two is a nice even number :D :D something you should have :wink: :D

Gene...you trying to stir the pot again? :wink: :D

G

·
Sue,
I LOOK at the rescues on Petfinder and dream about how great it would be to find them homes! :lol: I haven't gotten enough nerve to foster yet, I really think I would want to keep them all. :lol: Shannon is one of my heroes with her gorgeous pack of 4!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts