Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
My doodle pup hasn't come home yet so while we wait I'm trying to learn the doodle language.

I'm guessing that "doodle 500s" would be when a dog runs laps--exuberant, enthusiastic laps--either in the house or outside?

Are they a daily thing, or reserved for uber-exciting special occasions?

Thanks! :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I'm guessing that "doodle 500s" would be when a dog runs laps--exuberant, enthusiastic laps--either in the house or outside?

Are they a daily thing, or reserved for uber-exciting special occasions?
hahaha...you're got it! Very enthusiastic laps around whatever (back yard, house, etc). It gets even more fun when you have 2 of them doing them at the same time :) We pretty much have at least 1 per day - usually more. It's like all of a sudden they get this burst of energy and need to run it off :)

Ours have the most enthusiastic doodle 500 runs after a bath.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
OMG after a bath.....look out. everything is at risk of getting "doodled" (our word for being smashed into by an enthousiastic doodle, usually resulting in something getting knocked over).

G

·
Yup that's a doodle 500. Great fun to watch just be sure to be standing out of the way. Keep in mind if 500 is done in the house chairs and couches make nice springboards!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
So if you have two Doodles does that make it the Doodle 1K :lol: In Cardiology we use the word Paroxysmal meaning 'sudden onset' We could call it Paroxysmal Tachydoodlization :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahahaaa YUP that's the doodle run where i swear they have the blueprint of your home in their head and race around at speeds faster than a bullet and do NOT knock over or break anything.

i call them the Tazmanian Devil Runs or Indy 500 hahahhahaa

it seems as they get older they do them less often? then again at least 4 nights a week mine get going around 7 to 8pm hahhahhaaa

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
hahahahha!! I didn't know what the doodle 500 was until mine did it at 3 months!!! LOOK OUT!!! It's really cool!!!
You described it well!!! :wink:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MaxandMe said:
? then again at least 4 nights a week mine get going around 7 to 8pm hahhahhaaa
Reminds me of what parenting books call "the arsenic hour," when everyone is tired and wired, just home from school or work, and is just being a little frazzled!

This will be interesting. Especially since there is a way to do nice oval laps from my kitchen through the dining room and then back again down the hall. Maybe I need a little checkered flag there.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhahaa YES get the flag!!! why didn't i think of that? ahhahahaaa!!!
good one! :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Teehee
We refer to it as the zoomies and we just all get out of the way.
The cats love it when Denver does it in the yard as they all sit up
in their cat trees and just watch him run, they are so rivited when he
does this but they crack me up because they all turn around and look at me as if to say "Mom, look at what your nutcase dog is doing"
bahahahaahaha

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
doodle 500s

I have been admiring the camera skills of so many doodle owners on this forum...and wondering if anyone is up for getting a video of a doodle 500 in progress?

Just for fun.

Or would it be a blur of fur?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
First off....love the Erma Bombeck quote...she was/is a favorite of mine!!

Here's Jonah at 5 or 6 months...yes a little blurry, but you get the point!

Miko.....warning can cause dizziness!!

Just a mini of the day I had the fence put in!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...Gene I love your videos.

Not the best doodle 500 (normally a "true" doodle 500 is more of a bunch of circles like what Gene posted), but you get the idea ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow! You guys are the best! I will be smiling all day, thinking of the couch as springboard and the leaping! Thanks!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ozzie doesn't do laps... His is more like a drag race or the land speed record at Bonneville... straight runs. And of course, he likes to go vertical too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, just joined today, love this thread and we call it the Doodle Dash.
Hilarious fun when all my 3 Doods do the dash
They can get up to great speeds and fly in and out the house and up and down the garden, anyone in the way..well, it's a case of get out the way, they stop for no one :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts