Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need help. I have my best friends LD over for the weekend. So that is Thursday-Monday. I need to know HOW TO STOP THE HUMPING!!!????!!!!!! Beau is going after Cobo every chance he gets. And now Cobo is trying to get Beau. Cobo is fixed and Beau isn't. ((Cacao is fixed)) What do I do. I keep telling them NO! but it won't stop. Any other ideas??

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Before we got Gus taken care of, he was a non stop hump machine towards Hershey. The olny thing that worked for us (besides the obvious) is keeping him on a long rope and when he started up we grabbed the end and pulled him off with a "Gus NO!". It helped a bit, and with a long rope they could run free and we could get to him from far away in the yard.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Well with Beau not being fixed and having another dog into
his space you are going to have Dominance issues........
Pretty normal and I do not know if you are planning on neutering
Beau but in the meantime teach him "off" :wink:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He knows off. I was just thinking it would stop and it keep going and going on. But Beau likes to play with Cobo. They are getting along. But the HUMPING.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I know this won't help for this weekend, but I think the humping will continue until you get Beau fixed. Kirby got so much better after he was neutered. However he will still hump Dex...we tell him "no" and "off" and make a hand signal (a wave to get off) and he'll listen.

oh one more thing - I think once they get more used to each other it will settle down. Let them try to work it out unless you hear growls :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Sam, i do know Beau had gotten to where he was hardly humping at all here. I'd say UH UH BEAU and give him a real stern look , then he'd run over and sit by me

NOW perhaps since he's adjusting to being with your , your family and cacao this might be partly normal as to establishing order so to speak.
also Peanut would put Beau in his place if he tried too much.

So now Beau is with you for 2 weeks and a 3rd doodle is introduced
so now the real fun begins and so does humping

since it's for the weekend i wouldn't worry much as it's not like having 3 dogs permanently.
Fixing Beau will help ........but even fixed dogs can do this

It's a bit of work but keep saying NO or UH UH ...whatever they respond too.
I found that Beau when told UH UH and then he came and got petted his humping really decreased. it was like getting a treat for NOT humping :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
yeah so if Cabo/Beau don't seem upset about it, I would correct them, but not be too concerned. Dexter would take it all night if we didn't tell Kirby to cut it out :)

The 3 of them are just too cute!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I have to agree that it's a dominance issue. I've seen my female dogs do it to each other when establishing their pecking order.
If they're not fighting, I would just let it go. The sooner they work out who's boss, the sooner they will quit.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What were you saying about neutered dogs humping???

:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

All kidding aside, Sandy does not like when an unneutered male comes to play - he HAS to establish dominance even if the other dog is twice his size!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow NOW that Sandy sure has an intense look of concentration on his face!! hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thank you all. I will let them do what they have to.

Poor Cobo. :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts