Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Awwwwwww...That's awesome!!! It's amazing how many people suffer from PTSD!! Dogs are a definite BONUS!!!

G

·
A child psychologist in the next town is training her cockapoo to be a therapy dog. He is a little doll. He is still just a puppy, but it is amazing at how much more relaxed the children are when he is in their lap and they are petting or playing with him. They feel like the focus is not so much on them, but they open up much more easily.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
That is really neat. And really cool how dogs help us. I feel like Cacao brightens my day. :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon did a stint as a therapy dog when my DD was working at a school for emotionally challenged kids. Whenever we were in town, Cinnamon would work there. They also had a teacher with 2 labs that would work too. It helps the kids talk about things, sometimes talking to a dog helps.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
a dog can give what we can't : unconditional love
and we have someone in the family that suffers from depression at times
it is truly amazing how Max just LOVES her fiercely and she finally let him in her heart ........now she hugs him and whispers to him things we let be private :wink:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Abby is doing it for both of us!!! My wife is animated about something again :D Usually when I go to SF (4-5x a year) she calls 3x a day sounding down. This last trip with Abby now here she calls once a day and she's HAPPY :wink: THAT'S ALL the proof I need that Therapy Dogs certainly have a place in finding and maintaining good mental health...mtd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts