Since our golden retriver Chloe is mending from a broken leg (metal rod on the outside of the leg with 4 pins inserted in the bone to stabilize while healing) our doodle Murphy has had to be in another part of the house, separated from Chloe. Chloe is supposed to stay as inactive as possible and is spending time in crate unless someone is supervising her. Whenever Chloe and Murphy see each other they both think "play time" therefore they have been separated. Last Friday night Murphy was in our bedroom and had access to our bathroom. I had cleaned out my purse and left a brand new package of "stride" gum behind the sink faucet which Murphy discovered and ate the whole package. I checked on her after a short while and found just a little bit of green paper and clear wrapper. My daughter warned me that the artificial sweetner in it was bad for dogs. We looked it up and found this: http://www.post-gazette.com/pets/ , we induced Murphy to vomit right away and I spoke with our vet. He advised me that if we were able to get her to vomit right away, she should be ok, but we have to watch for any signs of becoming lethargic or vomiting. I just wanted to make sure that everyone here is aware of how bad this can be to dogs, and it is something found in a lot of items. I am going to quit buying anything with this ingredient. So far Murphy is still her normal active goofy self.