Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am just full of questions or topics for discussion today. I give my puppy a bath about every two weeks. I try and brush him every night. I think brushing is more playing right now but he's getting used to the routine. I notice he gets real doggy smelly. Last night, a friend said that our family room smelled doggy. So, now I am thinking the puppy needs a bath every week. I have smelly shampoo and conditioner. But, I don't want to give him dry skin. Any smelly suggestions?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Susan,
It is unusual for labradoodles to have a doggie smell...but not unheard of.
You could try the dry shampoo for dogs (wipes) or the grooming spray, scented.
But you might want to ask your vet to check his anal glands...not a pretty topic, but a common canine issue. The vet can express the anal glands and that might help.
Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Every couple of days when I brush my doods, I spray them with this stuff called Pure Ayre. It's an enzyme spray that has an extremely light smell and it just eats whatever makes that doggy smell. Not all enzyme sprays are formulated to be gentle enough to put directly on your pup but this one is. I love it and so do the doods. It won't work if it's anal glands though, so you should check that out too. My doods are f1's and have very minor doogy smell, but I don't bathe them very often, if I use the enzyme spray, they just don't need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts