Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's snowing here again which isn't so bad... You expect that in Wisconsin this time of year. But the snow is to be followed by an arctic cold front with 45 mph winds causing -45 windchills! We've been warned that 5 minutes of skin exposure can result in frostbite and actual frozen skin or hypothermia. Everyone is advised to get indoors and stay there.

Obviously this means it's far too cold for our animals to be outside either. So I'll have a nuthouse again with all 5 dogs inside... and Canada has just come into heat to add interest to the scene. LOL I did plan to let Moses breed her again, but not necessarily in my house!

Keep safe and warm all. Mother nature is throwing one "fit" after another.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
sounds like you're having MORE fun that the rest of us hahahhaaa
5 dogs :shock: hahhahaaaaaaa oh boy with one in heat.
this is ONE Time i am NOT asking for pics :wink: :lol:

but please stay warm ..........we're lucky here with 37 degrees out
and very little snow, we keep getting ice

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems Canada is more of a lady than I'd given her credit for.
There's been NO hanky panky in the house... I think I heard her whisper in his ear when Moses was getting too cuddly... "NOT in front of the kids!" so he backed off.

Quite seriously I might be setting the state of house breaking back a month, but I'm not letting the dogs out to "go" until it's warmed up. I took Moses and Chip out to relieve themselves this morning and could hardly wait for them to "finish" even though they did make short work of it. It's -45 windchill... not fit weather for man, woman nor beast. I'd rather clean up in here than have to pry them off their icicles outside.

The poor girls keep going to the door and asking... and look at me like I've gone dumb. Wish I could explain it to them, but I'm not willing to risk them or myself to do that.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Same here tink. Got 2 more inchesof snow yesterday and right now it is minus 9...BRrrrrr with winds mixing up a wind chill of -40. We will be entertaining Marley indoors to. 4 more inches predicted tomorrow night. This has been one hell of a winter!! :( :(

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep Greg it's deadly... I hope you can stay in and stay safe. -12 with 45mph wind here right now. I don't even wanna know what the windchill is when those gusts come.

For anyone not familiar with how windchill is calculated, there's a simple chart at the following link.
http://www.weather.gov/os/windchill/index.shtml

1 - 6 of 6 Posts