Labradoodle Forums banner

Doggie Dentistry 101

3K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  MaxandMe 
#1 ·
Sheesh! Whood'a thunk!!! Especially the raw bones!
Just got done paying for root canal/cap myself...hope you had doggie insurance if it costs anything like humans!!! :shock:

G
#5 ·
Mija...make sure you give your Mom the sad eyes. The I'm hurting look helps too. You will get extra love and treats!

Thanks for the info on the reasons teeth break. I give Maya nothing but nylabones as she destroys everything else in 5 minutes.

#6 ·
Good luck Mija!
I feel fortunate that Henry just broke off his baby canine. He was playing tug and broke it off at the gum line. When he goes for his neutering next week they will remove the part that is left imbedded. I felt terrible when he broke it, I can only imagine how you have felt through this whole ordeal. Happy thoughts!! :wink:

#7 ·
I hope all is going well for Mija!!!

Thanks for the info on the reasons teeth break. I give Maya nothing but nylabones as she destroys everything else in 5 minutes.
I have heard that the really hard nylabones (gaileo - I know I spelled that wrong) can be bad for their teeth...ours mostly chew on the softer ones (still made for strong chewers)...I wonder if those are better...I think our vet advised we not let them chew on the really hard one too much.

#9 ·
MIJA honey hope all goes well and you get the GOLD tooth :wink: :D

#17 ·
Vanessa,

So glad our sweet Mija is doing and did great! How hard today must have been for you. She'll now have a distinctive, catchy smile that all the boy doodles will love!

Hope your night is peaceful for all.

#21 ·
I'm sorry Vanessa I didn't see this post until right now. I am so happy to hear Mija is doing great.

Be careful with the Kongs too. Not only have they gotten lodged on my cockers lower jaw twice, my gang can chew off chunks quickly which could cause an obstruction if ingested.

#22 ·
Doggonecrazy said:
I'm sorry Vanessa I didn't see this post until right now. I am so happy to hear Mija is doing great.

Same here - I just saw this - glad she is ok! As for the insurance, if the companies are anything like HUMAN insurance, I'm sure that they would try to weasel out by calling 'most anything "normal wear and tear"! :x

#24 ·
Glad to hear Mija is doing so well!! I have the VPI Pet Insurance and it has paid for itself. I had to pay $300 at th emergency vet clinic and they refunded me $280 of it so in my opinion it's totally worth it!

Please post the dentist pics and Mija before and after pics. I love that kind of stuff!!!

#26 ·
Can't give you any info on insurance as we haven't gotten any yet. I'll probably get it after the fact if something happens :shock:

I'm glad the surgery went well and that Mija seems to be recovering nicely. Thanks for all the info from the dentist. Hmmmm, Cali loves to chew on ice, nylabones and raw bones, not to mention sticks. She's always been a real chewer. I don't like giving her the rawhide too much. I don't know if she'd be happy with only kongs. I'll just have to keep an eye on her.

Good luck with your decision on insurance. I'm sure you're glad to be beyond the worry of the surgery. Cali sends woofs and licks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.