Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking till Cacao gets a big brother or sister that maybe it would be good for her to get around other dogs. What do you all think. Here is the site of the place near me. I am just wondering what you all may think would be good. Cacao is a great dog. But needs a friend to play with.

http://www.ppbandb.com/Day_Care.htm

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
wow that is a great price for daycare!! I would definitely give it a try.

Our 2 are going for a trial tomorrow at a place we found that's closer to our house. I will post the link to their camera (provides still shots) and you can see what goes on at a daycare :)

My only question for the place you posted - it says for a full day they have two-45 min play sessions. What do the dogs do the rest of the day? Are they caged?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Samantha,

I use a doggie day care here in Richmond, VA and my Doodles, Duke and Toby love it. They come home happy and tired. Our day care has an open caging policy, which basically gives the dogs the option to play all day if they want or take a rest when they want. I wouldn't want it any other way and neither would my Doodles. I've been told that they rarely take advantage of rest time!

The price is excellent for the day care that you listed - there are no doggie day cares in this area for a rate that low, however it wouldn't work for my dogs since there is only 1.5 hours of play time for the full day.

Joe, Duke and Toby

G

·
Maya's daycare is $25 a day (or $30 a night for boarding and they get daycare included). They have a "lunch" period from 12-2pm where they are caged. I like that because Maya gets some rest and a lite lunch otherwise she runs and runs. The daycare teacher says that she never gives herself time outs for rest.

If you are going to use this daycare I would clarify if the dogs are caged for the day and only have 45 minutes of play twice a day. If that's the case I would think about whether it's worth the money.

Plus I personally took a tour of each facility I was thinking of taking Maya to to make sure it looked pretty clean and the dogs that were there were happy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Max loves daycare. Petsmart opened a daycare and it's wonderful. We pay 20.00 per day. They have one hour nap time where they are caged. The rest of the time they play. It made a big improvement in Max. He is no longer afraid of other dogs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, daycare is a great idea. After looking at the website, it does look like they only get to play for 2 45 min. sessions. If they're crated the rest of the time, they're probably really nuts for those 2 sessions.

I take Quincy to daycare once a week - I think of it as my day off. Oh, how I love Wednesdays. He has a ball there - literally - since I think he plays for 10 hours straight. And it has a residual effect as well. He's more mellow on Thursdays too. The cost is $30.00 per day (or discounted to about $26.00 if you buy a block of 20).

Good luck!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use a wonderful in--home-boarding home, the Play'n'Stay Inn, just outside Wolfville, NS. It is run by a lovely lady and her family, and though she has 4x8' kennels on the lower level if she needs them, most of the dogs are able to stay in her home and live with the family... play with the kids, cuddle on the couch, etc. Callie and Kiwi love it there, and they go once or twice a month for a night or two when I travel on business.

They charge $15 per 24 hour period (plus dog's owner supplies all food and treats), plus $5 for each additional dog in a multi-dog household, so I pay $20 per day for Callie and Kiwi. This includes participation in all playgroups, birthday/Halloween/Christmas pawties scheduled for the day, etc. If you just want your dog to go for the day to play, it is $10 per day per dog, with no multi-dog discount. Generally, for my dogs it is an overnight. A great place for them to go when I need to be out of town. I know they will be loved like they live there.

My own experiences with dog day care have made me a believer! Callie and Kiwi are better socialized, and in all of the pics she sends while they are there, the smiles on their faces are a mile wide, so I know they are having fun. Money well spent, in my view. Go for it!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Bogart LOVES day Care!!!!!!!
That is on the less expensive side...wow! Ours is $25 a day, but he plays for 4 hours and comes home exhausted! :D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Lucas goes, maybe once a week, to Day Camp at Petsmart too! $20 per day, and the plays the whole day with "nap" time in the middle. He LOVES it!!! I was a bit nervous with the daycare idea and actually visited a handful of daycare facilities near our home. The first day he seemed a little unsure (or maybe it was me?) about where I was taking him and why I was leaving him... I actually stayed a while and watched him on a tv screen. The next time I took him, he didn't even look back!!! Now, he knows, as soon as we pull into the parking lot, and will practically drag me into the store!

And when he comes home... he is zonked! A little stinky, but zonked and happy!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner has been going to daycare for over a year. He is currently going 3 full days a week. We buy a card 20 days for $220 and a $20 discount for paying cash so it ends up costing $10 a day.

They will do what ever you ask regarding time out...naps...feeding in middle of day. Tanner goes into one of the dog houses and takes several naps each day. When he was younger he played most of the day...now he seems to want to save some energy to play with us when he gets home...the first thing he does is go to the closet where his Chuckit and ball are kept.

I think the daycare has provided him with pals but also interaction with other people which he doesn't get enough living with just my DH and me.

They also do boarding which we will be using several times in the next 6 months.

·
Registered
123 Posts
All I have to say is that I wish I could find a place that charged $10 for full day. It cost me $30 minimum for day care around me
:(

·
Registered
523 Posts
Boyd goes to daycare every Monday and he loves it and WE love it. Monday night is movie night in our house!! :lol:

I buy the 10 day block at $28/day, otherwise it's $30.

Do check on the hours of play though, Boyd literally plays ALL day - sometimes he'll "rest" on the futon with friends.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts