Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a woman in a bookstore this week and the conversation turned to dogs. She had recently lost her beloved lab and told me that he was the smartest and most wonderful dog she'd ever had. What amazed me most about the examples she gave me was the way he had figured out how to outwit their invisible fence. They couldn't understand how he was able to get through it, and so they kept an eye on him. They saw that he would go and lie down next to the perimeter for a little while and then breach the barrier. They realized that he had recognized that if he waited until the warning beep got faint, he could go through with only a minimal shock! So they turned off the warning beep and he stayed where he was supposed to! Talk about reasoning ability, though!

And then this is probably just a cute story that's not true, but a dog-lover friend sent it to me and I loved it:
An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard; I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?'
Leslie

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Great article Leslie! Thanks for sharing!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Love BOTH stories, Leslie! Thanks for sharing them!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I really like both stories........the 2nd one is a hoot!!! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts