Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh My!!! What did I get us into?.... I try to be nice and help others out. Always thinking>>> What if it were me in need of a favor?

Well, I agreed to watch a friend's St. Bernard for a week. We are 3 days into it. She isn't a bad dog, just huge, and in my Lexi's territory. It is stressful on the whole family. They don't get along too well. We are not used to slobbering. My kids are freaking out. She ripped my husband's deer head off the wall twice already. What an experience....

It makes us love our doodle even more!!! There's no dog that can compare.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Life has a funny way of repaying a kindness
and you certainly are doing a kindness, try to hang in there
and in the meantime it will make you appreciate your own animals so much more. Not much help I know, just trying to hang in there with you :wink: :wink:

Sue

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG LexiAnn and hahhaha ripped a deer head two times huh?!!!

YOU can get even having them watch a CAT you borrow from a shelter that isn't yours and hates big dogs hahahhaa

G

·
:lol: OMG, I am sorry, but that is a funny visual! The deerhead being ripped down :lol: I know it's no consolation now, but this is definitely going to be one of those family memories that gets told over and over every Thanksgiving...
"Remember the time Mom volunteered to watch Tiny the St. Bernard...."
Bwahahahaha :lol:
And the cat idea is very clever, Annmarie...remind to stay on your good side :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
aw don't worry i am all bark and no bite...just full of devious jokes? or do i not get mad and get even? hahahhahaaa

Linda is right....down the road you'll have everyone in tears with laughter over that story!!!
reminds me of the time when my 3 kids were the ages 4, 6 and 8yrs old and i watched my friend's 2 demon kids ages 5 and 8 no one including family would watch. THEY were demons...but one ran smack into a huge 60yr old maple tree scraping her skin off from her forehead down to her chin while play hide and seek. HOW do you run into a 3ft wide tree trunk? the other kid kept throwing sand in my son's eyes...my 5yr old threw it back but somehow a leaf stem was in it. My friends son's eye was compacted with masonary sand and cut ...OFF to ER .. They broke a antique lamp, other stuff which i piled high by my door hahahhaa my CAT hid the whole weekend. (smart cat)...somehow all the kids got stuck in themud next to our pool while i was standing next to them. Pulled them out, hosed them off and got the boots later.

When my friends came to pick up their kids hahahhaa i didn't say a word about all the broken stuff at my door,. Handed them bandages and medicine with instructions hahhahaa and said OH we had a really nice time hahhahahhaha My friends were NOT in shock as they knew their kids and happy to see them alive.
MY husband back then and I put our kids to bed and got drunk!!!! hahahhaa

OH i never watched her kids again...she watched mine and lets say one son got a stomach flu all over their house hahhahaa and more!
so we were even and stayed friends but never watched each other kids again for a whole weekend!!! hahhahahahaaaaaaaa

SO you can see, there is laughter down the road just not at that very moment you are dog sitting an elephant!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha...You guys are making me chuckle....You seem to be able to visualize this whole situation pretty good. When she ripped the deer head down, it was all wet as well as the wall where it was. She had that down within the first 10 minutes of being dropped off. Just a little bit ago she snatched a pork chop bone off of one of my kids plate while we were sitting there. It was so quick!! I was angry and scared to try to take it from her. It worries me because our Lexi gets no people food or bones.

This is seriously a lot of work. It's like bringing a baby in here where we have 6 teenagers. My house isn't childproof and apparently it's not elephant proofed either. Oh and she wakes me up whining in her cage in the way too early hours too. She has knocked things down as she walks by. Her head is higher than my table and is right there for everything. My Lexi usually comes and lays down beside me when I'm getting dinner ready, but she doesn't bother me or expect food. She drinks like a camel and slops water all over the floor.

Last night when my husband and I came home, they both ran to greet me. Well, Lexi didn't like that one bit and they got into it. I seperated them and my husband said it's not Lexi's fault. She's only doing what would be natural. He said it would be like him coming in the door with a new woman and asking me how I like his new wife....I understand how Lexi feels. We just have to finish out this stay, and we know we can't do it again. Everyone says Lexi is much too spoiled for this, and I gotta agree.

Thanks everyone for your support :lol:

G

·
4 More Days, you are almost halfway there! Hang in there and take "Tiny" for some LOOOOOOONG walks to tire him out :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Linda, Thanks for the encouragement!!!
My girls have been walking her...Only tires her out for a short time. Lexi will be laying down and the moose walks over to her and makes her mad. I think she really intimidates her. I know one thing, everyone thought Lexi looked so big, and she is at 94lbs. But along side this beast she looks small.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahha I am sorry to be laughing...but there is humor here and i am sure you'll see it in another week or so from now.
And your husband's analogy was pretty darn good hahahaha

hang IN there...just post daily or whenever you need to let loose for a few. We'll be waiting here to comfort you and hopefully make you laugh.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey, does the elephant terrorist go home tomorrow?

You can bring the deer head out of hiding and get back to normal!!!

What a kick, and this, assuming you've survived it, (we haven't heard from you lately) certainly will lend to some riotous story telling at some point in the future. Nothing like a good anecdote.

Here's hoping the deer-stealing moose has put you in the rear view mirrot by now! Thanks for sharing a hilarious moment. (not funny for you yet, but for us)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Hellllllllllooooooooo???? are you still elephant bernard sitting? did that dog eat you and your family? are you alive? :wink: :D :D :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been having trouble posting for a few days...If this goes through, I will write another post.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys!!!
I have been sending posts and they weren't going through!!
It kept coming up <Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.>
My daughter told me it was AOL and now I am using Internet Explorer and it is working!!!

Yes!!! The moose left Thursday evening. We are all relieved. I was kinda feeling guilty about wanting her gone. We had her cage setting out in front of the house. I said nothing like making it obvious we want rid if her...lol.

Lexi has her mommy all to herself now. She is back to being her happy self. Poor thing couldn't even get to me when I would come through the door because the other dog was always in her way. They never did learn how to totally get along. The moose tried to shadow Lexi's every move. There could be a toy lay in the same spot all day, and if Lexi picked it up, the other dog took it from her. When they did romp together, it was very physical. Furniture was getting knocked around along with anything or anyone that was in the way.

About the deer head....My husband didn't know anything about it until the beast was ready to go home and I was telling her owner about it. My husband said that we keep things from him. I did that because he already wasn't fond of the beast and would have not liked her even more.

It was a learning experience...I was asked to watch her this passed December, and I declined because I said my tree was already up and I thought it would have gotten knocked over. Now I KNOW it would have been down. She can come back for a visit....But no more sleepovers!!!!!

Thanks for all of your support...I would sit your Doodles anytime...lol
Kathi

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LexiAnn said:
Hi Guys!!!
I have been sending posts and they weren't going through!!
....Thanks for all of your support...I would sit your Doodles anytime...lol
Kathi
Uh Kathi ...Peanut is now 5mo old goldendoodle really gorgeous and sweet yet submissive...max just turned 10mos old and same as peanut but he's more a goofy scruffy look. they don't chew ir get things off thewall, they are obedience trained...they eat dry dog food now and let's see the only thing to guard is SOCKS and PANTIES

So ,when can ya watch them?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts