Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has any experience in persuading your city to designate a dog park. My town does not have one, but a neighboring town has several. We ventured to one today but was very disappointed. I have a friend in New Jersy who told me her dog park was completely fenced and seperated by dog size. We just went to a public park that had an area designated as "off leash" but was not fenced. It bordered 2 busy streets and there is no way I would allow my dog to run around off leash. Even if he was "well trained", I think the potential for accidents is too high. Does anyone else have good dog park stories so I can present some ideas to my city government? I have no idea how to go about it, so any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Leslie

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Leslie, I'm not sure I'll be any help but I think a good place to start might be at a Chamber of Commerce meeting. They meet once a month and I would just call and find out who the president is of your Chamber and ask them about what you are wanting to do and see what they say. If that is the place to start, maybe you can attend one of the meetings, if it isn't, I'm sure they will head you in the right direction.

Good luck :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts