Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just vent for a moment?

Another dog owner at the dog park has been telling people that Boo is "aggressive" and "needs an attitude adjustment". :x Ooooh, that makes me so mad!!! :x My mom and I have actually heard him say it to newcomers. :x :x :x

Boo is absolutely NOT aggressive. He does play too rough sometimes (so we step in) and sometimes gets bossy (again, we step in), but he's not an aggressive dog by any means. He's just a little dumb :oops: (I say that lovingly) because he wants to play with EVERYONE, but doesn't always know how to do that properly.

We've even had Boo evaluated by a certified canine behavioralist (who's also a dog trainer) and SHE said that he's not aggressive! She said that he's actually a "very gracious player" :) , plays quite well with other dogs, and that he just has a few rude habits (playing too rough, etc.)

All the regulars at the dog park know that we're aware of his rude habits, that we don't tolerate them, and that we're working really hard to correct these. We always monitor Boo, stay nearby, correct when necessary, etc.
I've even educated myself about "dog park etiquette" and canine body language (books, videos, etc) so that I can understand what's going on between him and other dogs.

So it makes me SO MAD and frustrated that the other dog owner is saying that stuff. All the other regulars at the dog park LOVE Boo, so I know they don't agree with that guy. I guess newcomers will just have to see for themselves what Boo is really like. And we'll just keep working on Boo's manners, so that he becomes a model "dog park citizen". :)
Sigh. :( Okay, thanks for letting me vent!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
anytime!!!

and you hit the nail on the head: YOU and others KNOW BOO is very playful so others will see this as well. And the RUDE guy will end up being ignored as he's just either insecure or not put together real well and missing a few brain cells :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Vent away don't blame you a bit.......
The newcomers will see for themselves.........
We have an idiot at our park who was talking about a
6 month old husky cross that was a little nippy to his dog(not true, did not happen)
saying that if it were his dog he would give a good smack to the butt
and train it out of her(the nipping)
I told him it is a 6 month old baby and she was only doing what puppies
do. Actually the puppy was very submissive to all the other dogs and
as far as nippy I saw nothing but normal puppy behaviour............
Some people.................need to chill!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Humph! The nerve of some people. Don't worry about it. Any newcomers would be won over by Boo's charm and when he gets a little too playful they will see that you correct him and all is well.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Don't let it get 2 u otherwise he wins. Just smile and let Boo show what he can do. ((THAT IS WHAT MY MOTHER WOULD SAY))

Boo is too sweet. Everyone will see that as time goes on. :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Poor Boo.....Ignore the ignoramus, and enjoy your dog park and friends who love him!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You are attentive to Boos behaviour and step in when needed. Thats a great dog parent, i wish more were like you. its the ones who let their dogs run willy nilly without correction that are the jerks.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your support! We were at the park yesterday and that owner showed up with his dog. There weren't many people around so they kind of hung out for a while. And Boo was an ANGEL the whole time! HA! :wink:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Bogart hasn't been to a Dog Park yet, but I've seen him play at Day care. He sounds just like Boo and he also is NOT aggressive. He's just very playful and wouldn't hurt another dog.
I'd be venting too if someone was doing that to my dood!
Glad yesterday went well.........maybe this guy will wake up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts