Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local news ran a story the other day about a woman who is giving her $1.25 million house away in an essay contest. It's a grogeous Gone with the Wind, plantation style home in Ocala, FL. The essay subject is "Pet Lover Story." Check it out...

http://www.ocalamansion.com/mansion.html

If any of you win the contest, you have to have all of us (me, my husband, Uma, and Juno) for a sleep over. :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
if you read the rules....there is to be a $200 entry fee with a MIN of 6250 entries which equals = $1.25 million
the exact value of the house...then again she did renovate it too.

I think she's done some smart advertising. She doesn't lose out on her investment and someone can win an $1.25million mansion.

Me? if i won, i'd sell it and bank the $$ hahahaaaaaaa

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I noticed the entry fee. I don't have $200 laying around, but someone else might. Plus, there's NO way I could sum up how wonderful my pets are in 100-300 words!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I did the math too.........but it IS a great opportunity!
I'm with annmarie.....I'd put it back on the market!!! hahahahha!
OR.........maybe it's a good time to MOVE??
I'm such a blabberer that 1-300 words isn't possible for me either! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Another THOUGHT: if you won the $1.25 mil mansion, with the values of most homes dropping and increasing utility costs,
what if the mansion is woth less :shock: hahhaaaaaaaa
you'd be in the HOLE then hhahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sorry in a goofy mood here today...doodles made me do it :wink:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Annmarie - it's GREAT to have you goofy again!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Is it open to Canadians????????????????
bahahhaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I could use a mansion cause then I would get more animals
to join the ten I already have.....teehee

·
Registered
659 Posts
Here in Albuquerque there's a non-profit agency that annually raffles off a brand new home valued at about $350K. (That would be 1 million in SF or NYC, or $125K deepinahearta TX!)

It's a respectable charity that helps developmentally disabled kids in NM so Carol and I always buy a couple tickets at $75 a piece. The odds are similar to this contest and we don't have to write an essay!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts