Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Roxy has mixed emotions about the last of the 10 pups being adopted. Nine weeks after Roxy and I started to really push the puppies I sold (placed) Marc this evening. Marc really has the most gentle disposition and will be a wonderful pet. I guess I have mixed emotions too. I am glad they are all placed in good homes and I am certain they are but I am sad the experience is over.

I have had both Roxy and Hershey "fixed" so I will not be tempeted to do it again.

I expect at least half of my adoptees to return for their free Christmas tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving for a reunion. That will be fun. Two of my kids have a puppy and Margurita (who lives with us) has one so I will see 3 of them on a regular basis.

The marketing was the most difficult part of the process for me, a first time breeder. I sold ALL the dogs except on through the Oregonian or Oregonian live (a web site of the Oregonian). One was sold to a teacher at the school where Margurita works.

My conclusion is that people like to see the puppy they buy in person and hold it and really see the mother and father if possible.

It has been great fun participating is this forum and getting your suggestions and ideas and the free proof reading of my web site.

Thanks to all and good breeding.

These dogs are wonderful, but then again all dogs are wonderful some are just wonderfuler.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Fred....so glad it all worked out for you, and the pups all found good homes! If I had known about the free Christmas tree offer..... :wink:
Good luck to you in the future...please stop by from time to time....we will miss your sense of humor!! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
FRed....congrats on placing the pups even though it's probably really quiet in your home now. BUT at least 2 family members have a few of your doodle babies.

Breeding to me is a tough, demanding in emotion, money, physical and more...you really have to love it and be extremely committed. and i commend anyone who is a breeder! :D There is also the bright side too.

Look forward to soem more of your jokes too in the future! :D

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! and WHEW!!!
I think we all know what it's like to have a longer challenge than we expected with selling/placing puppies...

A client-turned-friend thought she was going to try breeding so we negotiated her contract to not have the spay/neuter clause for one of her dogs. She has since had that Doodle-girl spayed, because breeding Doodles was MUCH more work and took an emotional toll as well. So you are in fine company, and hats off to you, for giving it a shot! It's more work than it seems to be, I guess.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Hi Fred!
It's great to hear from you again!
I'm glad you were able to find homes for your pups. I'm just nearing that stage with mine and worry too that I'll end up with older pups I can't find homes for. It's one of the risks of the business I guess, but I'm glad for you that you found places for yours.

I hope you have a good turn out for your reunion!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roxy says, "Where are my children?"

So I thought when I placed all the puppys my problems were over.

Roxy asked, "Where are my children?"
I said, "They have been adopted!"
Roxy, "Look Fred, I didn't sign any paper nor did I give any permission."
I said, "Rox, we sold them, err ahh, adopted them."
Roxy, "You what? You sold my children!! What about the 13th Amendment as applied to the States through the 14th Amendment."
I said, "This was not State action, Rox. The 14th doesn't apply"
Roxy went away not too happy grumbling something about calling Martin. I think she ment Martin, my son the lawyer, not the puppy Martin who is now Bernie. I am afraid she is going to be a problem.
Stay tuned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts