Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting my new puppy in early February. Any recommendations of food? wet, dry, RAW, BARF, etc. Any foods to stay away from? Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have to put my two cents in here. I would stay away from the grocery store brands, and make sure the first ingredient listed is meat. I feed my 9 month old eagle pack holistic chicken and rice. I think its wonderful food and she has done great on it. It cleared up her chronic diarrhea problems, and she now has a shiny coat... after we tried numerous different kinds of food inluding Nutro, Purina, Solid Gold, California Natural, etc. They just didn't work for my pup. After doing TONS of research, I think some really great dry kibble foods are: Wellness, Solid Gold, Innova, California Natural, Flint River Ranch, Canidae, Eagle Pack... there are more... It seems like there are a million foods out there (because there are!) but I think it's really important to feed a really good quality food. Good luck!

Bridget and Summer

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I feed my 11 week old pup Science Diet Puppy Food for Large Breed Dogs. It is a kibble--I moisten a few kibbles on the bottom and top with dry, so he gets a bit of both. I started out with a lamb and rice food that he didn't really care for. He likes the Science Diet. I choose this food because the breeder recommended that we use a puppy food with 26 percent protein for the first year and then drop it down to 18 percent, I believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts