Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is a topic I have not seen here. This afternoon, my wife got an email from a friend of ours inviting us to take part in a get together she is hosting. At this meeting, the guest of honor, if you will, is a dog communicator. She claims that she communicates with all types of animals.

Quoted from her web site....
Animal Communication, also known as interspecies telepathic communication is the ability to telepathically connect with a being of another species and communicate with them. Two-way communication is accomplished not only with words, but with images, feelings, thoughts and emotions.
I have shared my gifts with countless animals and humans in an effort to create a more harmonious relationship for all living beings.
I guess I am sitting on the fence on this one. I respect the girl who sent us the invite. She is not crazy. I personally do believe that is possible, but if it is possible, to what degree, how accurate? Is it possible or is this just scam? At the quoted price of $30 for 15 minutes, we would not be breaking the bank to give it a shot and see for myself, first hand what it is all about. I will admit I did find her web site to be interestingly intriguing if nothing else. I suppose the nonbelievers can, and do, as I have learned with my work associates, shoot holes all throw this like it were Swiss cheese. They speak of generalities, in breed tendencies, they drive by your house before hand after getting a deposit, etc,etc, and a person cannot discount these possibilities. I lean towards the possibility that it could be possible. I have spent 30 bucks in many much less reasonable ways that's for sure. And I could chalk it up as an entertainment expense. I am intrigued but not 100% sure.

So my Doodle friends, any one ever have such an experience? Know someone who has? Believe it? Possible?? Impossible?? Share your thoughts. Should make for an interesting topic.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I don't have any experience with this, but who's to say it is impossible... we are all simply forms of energy right?

And if it is bogus, well... your not out much!!!

Can't wait to hear how this goes!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
If I were you I'd save my 30 bucks! This "get-together" isn't a party, it's a scheme to put money in the "communicator's" pocket!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd go and have fun. I don't think I'd put much stock in what she says but it sounds like it would be better than a tupperware party.

G

·
Will all the dogs get to play together? That could be fun.

I am sure many trainers could tell alot about a dog just by watching him. She will probably want to know what you want to know about your pet. (The answer you give to this question alone tells her alot about you and your dog.)

I just read an account of a girl who was hired to do lipstick readings.(You kiss a napkin with lipstick on and she will 'read' your lips.) It was fascinating...she would look at body language, how the person interacted with others at the party, type of clothing worn, and she was very accurate in her readings. She would also use the responses that people made, like "Oh, she knows you well!" Or puzzled looks, then she would backtrack and change the analysis around.
Here is an excerpt from a pet communicator website:

"...Error can occur because the telepathic connection is weak; because the human client has emotional and/or mental blocks about the situation; because the animal is lying or choosing not to communicate fully; ..."

Now that is funny! Can you see paying your $30, the communicator gets it all wrong and then she tells you, "Your dog was LYING?!" :lol:

I would do it IF the others going were a fun group and I enjoyed their company. I don't think I would do it if I was just paying my $30 and leaving after the reading.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I say go have some fun and fulfill a curiosity!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Linda said:
"...Error can occur because the telepathic connection is weak; because the human client has emotional and/or mental blocks about the situation; because the animal is lying or choosing not to communicate fully; ..."

Now that is funny! Can you see paying your $30, the communicator gets it all wrong and then she tells you, "Your dog was LYING?!" :lol:

I would do it IF the others going were a fun group and I enjoyed their company. I don't think I would do it if I was just paying my $30 and leaving after the reading.

Keep us posted!
Knowing my doods.....they would never lie.....stretch the truth maybe...... :wink:

G

·
I would go if I like the people that were having the party. I went to a few psychic parties my firends had. We each got a reading and then laughed about it after. We didn't put much into anything that was said but it was fun!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Personally - I totally don't believe in anything like that :) However, I would be all up for a party with my friends...especially if they served some food and beverages.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would definatley go if they are good friends and you and your doodle enjoy their company. As for the reading, why not, just remember "entertainment purposes only" is tattooed on the dog communicator's ass. Put little stock in what she says as she is just reading you and your dogs body language, and feeding off your answers and her past experiences with other dogs and owners. I do have some beliefs about the subject but not necessarily with dogs.

GO, HAVE FUN. Tell your doodle not to lie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
659 Posts
sandy said:
If I were you I'd save my 30 bucks! This "get-together" isn't a party, it's a scheme to put money in the "communicator's" pocket!
Agreed 100%. I think we ALL communicate telepathically (or at least non-verbally) with our pets. I certainly do. I don't need to pay some entrepreneur $30 to tell me what I already know.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, my wife and I talked about it last night, and we have decided to go learn for ourselves. What will we learn, I do not know. But perhaps it could be something that would help us in caring for, training or just loving our Doodle Marley. Do I have some skepticism? Yes I do, without question. But once in a while it is not a bad idea, to open up the mind, break out of the box a tad and try something different. Will I come back and say the woman is a kook? Perhaps, and I can just chalk it up as another experience. But maybe I could come back having learned something? It is not a reading. The communicator’s web advises, believe it or not, to come prepared with a list of questions to ask the dog. She asks the questions and gives the animals replies. That is what she does. No questions are asked of us. Now granted, she could suggest things that relate to a particular breed as far as habits, health conditions, etc, and that could be an indicator. I’d like to ask a question, of which I feel confident I know what Marley’s response might be. Like what is your favorite thing to do. Going to the dog park or chasing the tennis ball and running back with it. Who is his best dog friend (Jewel, the Newfie next door)? Granted, most people do not know what a dog’s response may be, but I think most of us if not all of us do communicate with our dogs. That signal that he has to go out to do his business is a form of communication. Who is to say, that cannot progress to something further. I am not saying it can or can’t be, I am just saying it may be possible.

As far as being suckered into a “scheme”, the friend who is having us over is an educated, well rounded person who I respect. I don’t believe that she is scheming and I am pretty confident my friends are not out to take advantage of me and trying to burn me for a lousy thirty bucks. She believes there is validity in what this person can do and wants to share that us, or at least give me the opportunity to see for myself. After speaking to her last night, she will be providing food and margaritas after the sessions. “Get-together” is a word I used because I am not sure what I was supposed to call such an event. So if margaritas are there, I guess I could call it a party now!!

Well gotta go now. I am at work and my phone is ringing. I bet it’s Marley calling to tell me not to forget to pick up some treats on the way home!!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Maddjaxx said:
The communicator's web advises, believe it or not, to come prepared with a list of questions to ask the dog. She asks the questions and gives the animals replies. That is what she does. No questions are asked of us. Now granted, she could suggest things that relate to a particular breed as far as habits, health conditions, etc, and that could be an indicator. I'd like to ask a question, of which I feel confident I know what Marley's response might be. Like what is your favorite thing to do. Going to the dog park or chasing the tennis ball and running back with it. Who is his best dog friend (Jewel, the Newfie next door)?
I'd keep the questions very generic just to see how well she actually does communicate - "what is your favorite thing to do?" - don't give choices of things "who is your favorite dog friend" don't give names or type of dog to chose between - if she really can communicate she should be able to get those answers from the animal, shouldn't be a multiple choice question. I did some reading on the net last nite about "communicator's" found some followers but more that said it was a crock - Will be very interested to see how your session goes -

Hope Marley has a great time :wink:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
This is THE opportunity to be specific---don't bother with the generic stuff (you probably already have answers for those anyway--as you rightly suspect)....get to the heart of issues/topics right away while you can with her---this will really be a measure of the communicator's "facility"....
So what are examples of something specific one would want to ask their doodle? I'm not coming up with anything too deep here.

Do you wish I washed your bedding and crate more often?
Do you linger over your food because you hate it or like to enjoy the experience?
What can I do to persuade you not to eat my shoes?
Is having another dog in the house really enjoyable or merely more stimulating?

Anyone else? Sessa, what do YOU want to know?

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
so even though I do not personally believe in this...I have so many questions I would LOVE to ask our doodles:

To both: Do you like the other? Would you prefer to be an only doodle or do you like having a playmate (I think they like each other).

Kirby - Do you hate your crate? Would you prefer to be loose in the basement?

Dexter - why why why do you insist on eating things that are bad for you? Do you need more food?

I ask our doodles questions all the time...sometimes I plead with them (please...I just washed the floor...can you keep it clean for one day??)

I am getting more curious as to what will happen at your session now :) Please keep us updated :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
my question is: why do you really HUMP?

what would make you happy and want to listen better?
what upsets you that we humans do?
why do you BARK at nothing?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
my question is: why do you really HUMP?

what would make you happy and want to listen better?
what upsets you that we humans do?
why do you BARK at nothing?
OOOH...good ones. I ask our doodles these questions too :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts