Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I did a quick search and didn't come up with much, so I thought I would pose the question, I apologize if I missed a previous post.

I am looking for a quality dog bed for our Oliver. A big one that he can grow in to. I went to PetsMart and was disappointed with the stock, and I have now turned to an online search.

Does anybody have a bed that their dogs are absolutely in love with?

Thanks!
Adam

·
Registered
448 Posts
I wouldn't be real quick in buying a dog bed. An old blanket or towel works fine.

The reason I say this is that when Nicky was a few months old I got him a very nice puffy pillow-shaped dog bed which had a removable cover that could be washed. It sounded great! It lasted less than a week!

Nicky chewed one corner off the outside cover, chewed through the inner cover, and then started eating the stuffing. That was the end of his bed and I was out $$.

He's now close to 16 months old and is still eating things. This morning he ate a piece out of the cover of his favorite soft ball. It's now in the garbage can.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Things to consider before choosing a bed...how does your dog like to sleep. We had a great dog bed from Orvis for our previous dog but Tanner doesn't like to curl up and doesn't like to prop his chin. He likes to sleep with his legs out straight...head usually of the dog bed on the floor.

I bought inexpensive very large rectangle beds, one from Walmart and one from Costco...on top of that I put a Costco dog throw, it is patterned on one side and fleece on the other. I can throw the throw :roll: into the washer frequently and keeps the rooms smelling better. Oh, did I say he has one in the family room and another in our bedroom.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree you might not want to invest in a bed until your puppy is past the chewing stage. But having said that, I have always bought mine at Costco. Great quality/great price.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Shelby's favorite thing to sleep on (besides right in the middle of the bed) was our dirty clothes. She would push the hamper over at night and make a little nest in out clothes. Silly dog! :lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Linda said:
Here is Bella's newest bed from Costco. She likes the beds with bolsters, she will snuggle up against them or sprawl on it half on/half off. I had to get this because the colors match our bedroom perfectly! :lol: :

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... lang=en-US
Thanks! I just bought one!! I know, I know, I should have waited, but the ones that I found were $100! I couldn't resist this one at $40!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we buy the $20 ones at Sams or Walmart as in past somehow they break zipper but dont' chew the bed :roll:

till Beau is older i stick to these kind for now

·
Registered
968 Posts
One bed that Boo really liked was an old baby crib mattress. Its a great size, very supportive, and comfy. You can get them cheap at Walmart and Target. I liked it because I could buy adorable fitted crib sheets in all sorts of colors and designs. :wink:

Right now Boo likes a kiddie sofa that his "grandma" got him for Christmas. Its built with foam and has a washable cover. But its expensive, so its not good for bed chewers.

·
Registered
273 Posts
We have two of the costco dog beds. The bolster version from costco.com and a large round version without the bolster that I picked up at the warehouse for $18. That way he has one for each floor of the house and don't have to drag one up and down stairs all the time. Although often Dh will move a bed to the landing of the stairway - one of Dante's favorite places to lay during the day and watch the world go by.

(By the way Costco.com also has the Furminator comb at a good price)

Heather

·
Registered
150 Posts
I held off buying Angel a bed to see how big she would get.

She's a year old now and I have always wanted a girly pink bed for her and I, too was disapointed with the selections at our local pet stores.

Well...I finally found her the fluffiest, PINKEST bed I could find on EBAY! It's 50" round with bolster and made with plush microfiber. With shipping I paid about $60. It's huge...well worth the price since she's not allowed in our bed. Now she can sleep next to me on her own bed :wink:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Boyd has a dog bed from Orvis. We bought it at their annual clearance sale b/c they are quite pricey. However, it has withstood the test of time. I've only had to repair one little rip in it.

They actually have a puppy proof bed that they guarantee. If the puppy rips it up, you can return it and they'll send you a new one!

·
Registered
593 Posts
We brought Sam home and I took an old Velux (velour) blanket and was cutting it to sew into a "pillowcase" for some sheets of foam we had. He plunked down on it before I was done! On the 1st day at his new home too!

Now, he has three old velux blankets in different rooms and he knows they're his and he just loves them. Because we have three, we can just throw one in the wash at a time and when we need to we take one in the car for the backseat. :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
LL Bean sells nice BIG ones, and we got free shipping and monogramming since we have their credit card. Wally is very spoiled with his x-large dog bed with monogramming. I was shocked at the size of the thing when it came. I went with the size they suggested for the weight of the dog, and oh, the thing is huge! My husband and girls had it out of the box and cover on it with dog in the center before i could take a good look at it! Since it is monogrammed, though, they probably wouldn't want to take it back. We are used to the size, now, but boy it sure does look like Wally is a king when he is sitting on his huge bed. And he DOES like it. :?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Here's Tyke's Bed!!! :lol:

I have to admit, she started out on the foot of the bed, but she now has her own pillow, and actually takes up most of the bed all by herself!!![/img]

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Bogie has one that looks like Kirby's and one that looks like Bella's!
I think he likes the one that has the sides on it better!

·
Registered
968 Posts
This is Boo Boo's favorite sleeping spot. Its a kiddie sofa that Grandma gave him for Christmas!

Unfolded is even more comfy!

Grandma decided to buy it after she saw this photo of him in a kiddie chair!

"See, I told you I could fit!"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts