Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have to ask : Does anyone else have a doodle that has become your shadow?

Max is 5mos old, jet black , follows me better than peter pan's shadow.
HOWEVER, I have to be careful at times not to step or trip on him. Max can be sound asleep but let me leave the room and poof there's max right by my side. hahhahaa

If i fall asleep on the couch (by mistake)for the night he refuses to sleep anywhere but on the floor next to me. My fiance says he makes his body like dead weight and won't budge. It's cute but I think frustrating for my family at times.I am trying to get others to work with him and give him doggie treats with training.....any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
yes.

and Jac has a fabulous article about it.
(she also has a young litter of pups right now, but I bet she could find it!!)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Yes, all my dogs have done that. :D

I think they want to be with the pack leader all the time. I also read about dogs seeming to be sound asleep but, as soon as you leave the room, they are up and ready!

·
Registered
14 Posts
yep! I'm used to my tiny dog Okie following me step for step, but it's a different story with 65 lbs of Katie following me. Sometimes in a tight spot, I have to get her to back up, LOL, a lot like I get the horses to "back".

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver is my shadow as well. Especially fun when I want to use the smaller bathroom and there is already a couple of cats in there and in bounces Denver. Hard to grab the kleenex etc with a Doodle's nose inches away.LOL

Blueteal

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ruby does the same with me. My puppy class trainer calls her "velcro dog." My husband tells me that Ruby sits by the door and whines when I leave. Like Denver, Ruby has to follow me into the bathroom. She slides right in between the toilet and the vanity (pretty small space) -- it's funny watching her try to figure out how to go into reverse. :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
In our laundry area, there is no room for Katie to turn around, so she has learned to back up. I keep saying "back", "back" and motioning like I do to the horses, and she's got it down pat. The smaller dogs wish she had a "backing up" BEEP though, LOL! When I'm home, sometimes I find myself NOT doing something, because she JUST sat down and she wears herself out following my every move. She will finally lie down when I sit. Then I remember I didn't do something, and UP she goes.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
katiedid....funny i say the same thing with Max: back, back hahhaha especially when I try mopping our floors. in fact I have one picture of PRE-DOODLE days when it was clean and sooo shiny
NOW all we see are pawprints hahahhaa

·
Registered
14 Posts
AnnMarie, LOL, bet those glass doors aren't all clean and shiny anymore either! We have small dog nose prints about 6 " from bottom of doors and Katie nose prints about 3 feet up. Windex seems to excite her and apparently means she has to "christen" the doors again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Murphy is a shadow that only seems to show up when it's dark. Since he's as black as pitch - he keeps scaring the beejeezus outta me. I'll be turning off the lights in the living room after Kris goes to bed, emptying water glasses, ect and all of a sudden I'll run smack daub into him. The other night I actually thought it was a ghost or something evil since I walked out in the living room and some shape that was darker everything else was moving noiselessly around the room. I think he wants to give me a heart attack so Kris will buy him a new dog bed with the insurance money. :shock:

Evil lovable doodle!

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
689 Posts
Our tile and carpet are both sort of cream colored---as is Chester. One night I was checking on something downstairs and almost killed myself because Chester was laying at the bottom of the stairs and they all blended together. He moved right as I was about to step on him. (The fact I wasn't wearing my contacts and didn't turn on a light didn't help.) I learned after that...wake up the family with a little light or waking up the family with screams of pain!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
funny I never realized a cream dog could blend in.

Max is as black as night...I learned NOT to fix the couch's cushions without a light on!
2 weeks ago Max sauntered in behind me laying at my feet which I didn't realize and ohh I stepped then tripped all over him. :oops:

He cried pitifully for 10min :cry: ...I was heartbroken but 10 min later he was fine (whew). We now have 2 dog tags on him that tinkle/clang so I hear him coming as he is my shadow 24/7. AND I keep lights on till I leave the room.

we joke around here that one day we're going to put a white stripe down max's back...both for the little stinker he is hahhaha and to see him!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hahah Diane that was BEFORE we brought MAX home

I don't dare take apicture of the floor now...with 4 squeaky toys, shredded tennis ball as of today, 2 bones, teeting rings, a kong, football. soceer ball. basketball...OH did I mention wall to wall paw prints?!

know what? wouldn't have it any other way now :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
so funny

That is so funny that you mentioned this! I never realized it was a doodle trait. I don't even pee alone anymore. Cody comes in with me and just looks at me while I go and then he follows me out. When I cook I can feel him literally resting his head on my feet at the stove. He's such a baby. Hey - does this mean I'm the pack leader? Best news I've had all day!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well Murphy only follows Eric around in the dark, but hes been glued to me since day 2, Oscar will do the same some times. They will follow me into a room and both stand in the doorway and they I have to do the whole "back" thing too just to get out. Dont dare step over them you would think a natural disaster is happening! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
believe me, If Max could join in my dreams at night, I swear he would hahahhaa

I am now used to the jingle/clankle of of his dog tags which alert me he's behind me all the time---espcecially at night

1 - 20 of 20 Posts