Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Stinky and crusty sometimes, yeah ewwwww! Puddles got his nose into fresh mud recently and oh his face got so crusty!!!!

I think sometimes they can't help getting their beards into their food and dog food doesn't smell pretty.

I'm probably the only doodle owner who does not appreciate doggie kisses, too much bacteria in those mouths, especially since we give Puddles butcher bones. I have the kids use hand sanitizer after touching him when he's been around raw bones and because some days I can't clean his face fast enough. He's teething right now and those raw bones keep him busy and happy!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Megan said:
KK eats Orijen kibble & some milk bones only.
You know, right after I posted this I think I solved the puzzle.
He hasn't always had the problem.
You may be grossed out by the explanation.....
KK has had a slight eye infection with discharge, I've been keeping my own eye on it and this morning no discharge and tonight...no smell.
I think the eye drained more than I realized down into his face (probably while sleeping all night) rather than just the crusty stuff I removed each morning from the eye corner.
Sorry for grossing everyone out...for some of you it may be time for dinner...Enjoy!
Glad you solved it and in my house we discuss poop and vomit and whatever any animal is doing at the time and it is always at dinner.........
bahahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa there isnt' much that bother me either Sue

Max and Peanut's beard only smell when they have THE TANK bones
gives off a strong Hickory smell for 2 days hahhaa i just wipe them down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts