Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cacao will eat any kind of paper around the house. I have to keep paper high. But with three boys they leave things all over the house. If I am not picking up so she doesn't eat it. I am picking up what she has. Well that is what it seems like. Don't need help with the paper. But wanted to know if any of you have a doodle that loves paper.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
When he was a puppy he would eat anything and everything especially if we were coming towards him to take it away. I am still very careful to sneak up on him when I think he has something in his mouth that he shouldn't have...otherwise he will swallow it just so I can't take it away :twisted:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dex and Tanner are so twins separate at birth...haha

Dex still loves to shred paper if he gets a hold of it...he would probably try to eat it after he shredded if we let him get that far.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Two facial tissue eaters here. They know the sound of tissue being pulled from the box and come begging. Its pathetic really. :oops:

·
Registered
247 Posts
shaia loves paper and napkins. i read that you can strategically place a piece of paper on the coffee table or something dog-level, and tie a string with a can to the paper. the string is attached to an empty can filled with pennies and taped shut. when they grab the paper, the can's noise scares them (apparently), so they learn not to grab things. i never tried it, so instead we have period shredding sprees. :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ozzie likes paper, but he prefers dried flowers. And yeah, he does that instant swallowing thing too. But I know his tricks and, even better, he knows that I know his tricks.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh good it isn't just my doodle. I came home from the YMCA with my kids and husband Saturday and she shredded up a few papers. It was everywhere. We didn't even think about taking pictures at the time. But now I wish I would have just to show you what a doodle with a empty house and a few pieces of paper can do. It was so funny. We came in and she didn't even met us at the door. She was just siting in the living room in the middle of her master piece. I keep thinking she didn't miss us she had a paper fight. And she won.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
HAHA! bogie loves paper towel, toilet paper, receipts..........you name it.
He has grabbed all kinds of paper and runs into the other room for me to pry it out of his jowls.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Do my dogs eat paper?? Do chickens have lips, is the Pope Catholic?? Paper left unattended in my house has a life expectancy of about 5 minutes!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I've never eaten paper myself, but it must have a taste that is absolutely IRRESISTABLE to doodles! Tyke has taken to stealing paper off my desk at work - definitely NOT COOL in a law office! On the other hand, things get filed VERY quickly by our paralegals now!!!!! (before they get eaten!!) :wink:

·
Registered
215 Posts
ChasP505 said:
Ozzie likes paper, but he prefers dried flowers. And yeah, he does that instant swallowing thing too. But I know his tricks and, even better, he knows that I know his tricks.
Louie likes the dried leaves that have blown to the edges of the yard. He thinks they are chew toys.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max: the expert QA tester and swallower of all paper towels, napkins, kleenex , socks and YES FOLKS a whole kitchen dish towel

Peanut: a golden theiver ...unzips pockets and eats All Receipts
NOW is the IRS going to accept this excuse for my taxes? :shock:

Beau: LOVES to play mailman and hates bills and legal papers, thus he eats them and leaves Junk mail alone :roll:

and all 3 have read Reader's Digest multiple times along with Nat'l Geographic Adventure, Travel magazines...Must be the glossy pics!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Lucas LOVES taking bills... but only when I am trying to pay them! He's funny though... he only takes one bill at a time, carries them away, gets the corners wet... and moves on... I am pretty sure he just would rather me play with him them pay my bills!!! Funny thing is... I would rather play with him then play with my bills too!!!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelle does not like paper at all, doesnt like the sound of it so turns the other way if you pick up paper an dmake a noise with it

My lab babies on the other hand loved it - shredded it, didnt eat it thankfully - but they "got mail" everyday as there was Always junk mail - I'd come in with it adn say "mails in" and they'd come running for their envelopes - ahhhhhh I miss them

G

·
Maya loves to shred paper too. I have no idea what it is about paper but she loves it. Hasn't tried to steal it yet though.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Lets put it this way - I actually had to call Annie's teacher this year to ask for a new copy of her homework assignment... I have no idea if she believed me when I told her the dog ate it...

·
Registered
985 Posts
Zeesh, does Chouette eat paper...? What DOESN'T Chouette eat? She nibbled a corner of granddaughter's workbook, but luckily not enough to do any damage before we caught her at it. And she loves tissues and napkins. But she doesn't steal things, at least. Nowadays she knows that a napkin on a lap is home-free, but if it falls on the floor it's fair game. I have to say she's not as bad as she was, and she really does want to please so she's not obnoxious about it. But when I take her to school to pick up GD she goes for whatever she can find on the asphalt playground, which can be pebbles, leaves, straw wrappers, cellophane, and crumpled gum packs. In my studio, lacking other distractions, she goes for the stones in our potted plants. It can't be good for her teeth!

Leslie

1 - 20 of 37 Posts