Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check him out.

http://www.pet-ark.com/regional/pets.pl ... a=&cy=&st=

I am SERIOUSLY considering this dog. I hope my husband will, too. (Since Lizzie, the terrier, turned out to be not such a great choice for the family). We have officially joined forces with a fox terrier rescue group in Portland to help us find a great new home for her...All the while I am on the lookout for another friend for Calvin. Doesn't Stewie look perfect? We'll have to go meet him this weekend. I have to work so I have to talk my husband into it. Wish me luck! Leslie
Hey Shannon- do you have any pull here?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
He looks beautiful!! Good luck Leslie, I'll be praying for you. Good luck with finding a new home for Lizzie. Hang in there Calvin...a new playmate may be on the way!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted the shelter and they told me that someone already put a hold on him until the 22nd. I'm sad. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be I guess. we'll just keep concentrating on Lizzies new home and let whatever happens happen....Wish us luck! Leslie

G

·
Leslie,
Ask to be the "back up hold". Things happen and the first person may change their mind...the 22nd is far away...over a week...they don't sound extra anxious to get him.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Leslie,
Sorry, I have not had any contact with that shelter. I would definitely do a backup, or push the issue a bit more. If you can get there before them, I think you should get him. I would also call and talk to someone else. The person you talked to could be holding him for a friend.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember when I put a hold on Lizzie they would only let me do that for 48 hours. (different shelter), I could'nt believe they were holding him for that long. I have only emailed them. They said that the holds would not go through about 50 % of the time but that these people "seemed pretty interested". They want a non-refundable, non-transferrable "deposit" that will not be applied to the adoption price. Strange? Why should I pay money for a dog that will probably be adopted out and not get my refund if it is? Does this sound like normal practice? I would be willing to have him neutered at my expense, too. (They said they were waiting for his neutering appointment). When I picked up Lizzie, I was kind of surprised to find out that Lizzie was spayed by a student at OSU. I would've payed for her surgery at my vets office, just to know that she was well cared for. Any advice? Thanks!
Leslie

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Shannon...It's 4 in the morning and I'm getting ready for work. I'll try to email you when I get home....after 7 tonight. If you don't hear from me, check here to see. Thanks! Leslie

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had to wait about 10 days before I could pick up Lizzie from the shelter & they classified her as a "hold" during that time. I don't know why it was "hold" & not "adopted" because I had done the paper work/paid fees. The "hold" wait was due to spaying & vet appointments. Maybe, the "hold" is the shelters idea? They all do it different....Good luck!

LizziesMom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts