Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting used to the admiring looks and smiles of people we pass when Mia and I go out for our daily walk ... what still takes me by surprise are the number of people who hail me from their cars to ask "What kind of dog is that?" "Where did you get her?" "How big will she get?" and on and on.

Yesterday, a couple in their car did a U-turn in the middle of a fairly busy road to accomplish the task. :roll: They had out paper and pencil and were taking down breeder's names and websites. I hope my breeder is enjoying all the referrals. :)

Funny thing is she's starting to enjoy the attention. She's not nearly as shy as she was a month or so ago. :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oh my god does it ever! last weekend we were in petsmart and literally had a crowd around us checking out dexter. The best story I have is one time we were walking into our training class and a guy in a car stopped (in the middle of traffic), rolled down his window and asked if he could take a photo of dexter...of course we said yes.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Isn't it just a wonderful proud moment when someone singles out your dog? I too have given out Denver's breeder's name . Most people are shocked to hear that he is a Labradoodle because they think that all Doodles are curly. A man with his granddaughter stopped me and asked if he could bring her up close to Denver as he has watched Denver with other children from afar and loved his temperment. The little girl was only around 3 years old and Denver was very gentle and Grampa thanked me for the positive large dog meeting for his little one.
I was so proud.
Mia, way to go for getting people to stop their cars!!!
Dexter, I bet you love the attention for someone wanting your picture.
LABRADOODLES ARE GRRRRREAT

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we get the same when we take out Max....most people think Peanut is a golden retriever but say she looks a bit different hahahhaa and can't figure it out. Max though with his scruffy looks...gets lots of questions from stranger wanting to know "what is he?" hahahhaha

I can just imagine what it will be like when they're both full grown. At our vets Peanut is the 1st goldendoodle and are they in love with her!!! she can do NO wrong in thier eyes. They say max is small compared to other horsa-labradoodles that they see.

Most people fall in love with them almost immediately. One exception: a woman with 2 terriers that snapped at max let us know max was an acceptable breed hahahahhaa DAVE and I gave her the dumb "Huh "look and acted like we didn't understand english hahahhaha

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
My favorite is "I've seen pictures, but he's much cuter than those!" or "I just have to pet him, may I?". Whenever I've taken Jonah to my local coffee shop, he always causes a stir. I love the people who stare, and then finally get up the nerve to approach. You know it's coming....just a matter of time! They are irresistible!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yeah, no matter how many places I take Cin, I always get asked, "what kind of dog is she?" Most people then ask "What's a Labradoodle?" The next thing is "She's beautiful!" Or "She's not as big as I thought." She is kind of a medium sized standard - weights 62 lbs as of Monday, 2 yrs old, so I think she's done growing.

G

·
I get the same thing when I take Boyd places. Last time I picked him up from the groomer's at PetSmart he was met with a bunch of oohs and aahs when we went to pay. I mean EVERYBODY looks at him and says he's adorable and has beautiful coloring. Same thing happened when I took him to the Mall for his Christmas photoshoot.

Even at the dog park people comment on how adorable and friendly he is. I also get asked what kind of dog he is and I always hear "I thought Labradoodles are much bigger than that." To which I explain Boyd is a mini F1B and will likely remain at his petite 40 lbs!! :lol:

·
Registered
689 Posts
They are people magnets...maybe we should issue a warning along with the addictive properties. I've even had several non-dog people stop and ask about the boys.
It used to be "what kind of dog is that?" Now we get more "are those Goldendoodles or Labradoodles?".

Soon we'll rule the world----mmmuuuhhhhooohahaha (crazy rule the world laugh).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I know sometimes people go HE"s a waht a doodle? with max ...as he has the scrufffy benji look and is all black. I get giggles but they alll want to pet him. The mom/pop pet store i go to well the OWNER acts like Max is HER dog proudly telling everyone all about him(for me) and how GOOD he is. hahhhahaa i love it.

Peanut causes many stares with people standing almost in line to ask me if she's a golden retriever or goldendoodle since she has the teddy bear or wolly mammoth look. Peanut of course acts like a totally innocent perfectly behaved laid back puppy too. :roll:
At the local pizza shop the owner askes me bring her in for a visit weekly!

It's funny but customers at my job that have heard i have doodles now ask to see pictures on my cell phone hahahhahaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
annette, probably had her finger to her teeth, with a white suit on while typing and calling her doodle mini meeee in order to type that word correctly....who knows, maybe she HAD a shot!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts