Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK all you Labradoodle experts...my doodle, Angel (9 weeks), has a hair coat mostly like a lab with some wave in it. I'll find some hair on my floors after a few days. Will the Furminator work to cut down on the hair that shows up on my floors? Is it too soon to tell what her coat will be like in the next few months? It is getting longer and a little wavier it seems each week. The brushes are kind of expensive, so I want to make sure that it would be worth it.

Thanks!
Nicole

[/img]

·
Registered
728 Posts
Angel is so precious! I can see how she might have gotten the name.

I've never used the brush either and have thus far not found Echohairs on the floor. I'm sure that day will come soon enough! Are there furminators for cats too? All ours are shedding terribly right now & making me crazy.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
YES YES YES! I find it did wonders when Jonah was blowing his puppy coat! It was a godsend. The first 3 times I used it, I got enough hair for Vanessa to make me a full sized afghan!! :wink: It was well worth the money. It wouldn't work for Miko with her curls, but I highly recommend it for your Angel who by the way looks very angelic!! :lol:

·
Registered
728 Posts
blueteal said:
Yes there is a furminator brush for cats and I know what you mean
My dog may not shed but my cats sure do!!! :wink:
Thanks Sue, I'll have to keep my eyes open for one. Right now I'm just walking around making "Pthup" noises trying to get the cat hair out of my mouth! It almost seems that everytime I breathe I inhale a cat hair or two.

Thank goodness for dogs that hardly shed. Of course, Echo hasn't blown his puppy coat yet...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I absolutely love my furminator - I got it for my cat initally and use it on my Doodle now - the cats coat is the shedding coat - it is amazing how much it removes and cuts down on clean up let alone what it does for her attituded and licking. Charlie likes it too - I can't praise it enough - the one for the dog is the same for my cat so you dont need two - Pet Smart sells them and they are always on the internet.

Your puppy is beautiful!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ok, I went to Petsmart's web site and looked up the Furminator. I read the description and am now wondering if the Furminator shampoo and/or solution make a difference. Does anyone have experience with them or have you just used the "brush" alone?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have only used the brush - I use an oatmeal dog bath shampoo on Charlie and havent needed a reason to switch yet. Let us know if you try it. I did find that after a bath if I brush the long hair on him he dries quicker than if I do nothing - he is very curly coated underneath but long wisps on top

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Mindi

With nine cats in my house by the time I finish brushing them
I have enough hair for two more cats. bahahahaahah
time of year I guess.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gene: How old is Jonah now and do you still use the Furminator on him or just when he was blowing his puppy coat? I LOVE his eyebrows! I picture Angel's coat looking something like Jonah's when she grows up!
So, should I get one?

FYI...
Furminator at Petsmart.com $24.95 (S), 34.95 (M), $44.95 (L)
Furminator at Amazon.com $21.99 (S), 32.99 (M), $39.50 (L) AND FREE Shipping on orders over $25 and no tax.

...just in case some of you are shopping for one.
Check out Furminator.com to see a video clip of the brush being used on a dog and a cat...it's amazing!

Nicole

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Nicole, Jonah is going to be 1yo on 4/2. I didn't end up getting the furminator til about 6 or 8 weeks ago. Wish I had got it sooner. I was using it about 1 a week, now I haven't used it in weeks. He's getting a bath today....SURPRISE JONAH!!, and I'm going to use it before hand. He's about done blowing his coat, so the tumbling Jonahweeds are getting much rarer. I got the medium due to Jonah's size...70#.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Angel is adorable!!

ooohhh my!! angel is just that, an absolutely perfect sweet little angel! she is wonderful ~wonderful!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Nicole....thanks for posting prices as here i was sitting wondering how much they cost hahahhaaa
and ANGEL is just that!!! such as sweet little girl. I lost count on how many halos are floating about her head :wink:
can she lend one to peanut :roll:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi,

I just did a search for Furnminator on Ebay and came up with over 100 listings. Looks like you would be able to beat Amazons prices even! :D

Heather

1 - 16 of 16 Posts