Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all know we live on the side of a bluff. Dexter has become expert at pooping uphill or downhill :shock: But he really is having a time getting used to crunching slick ice under his paws, and trying to balance on it to poop. He's taken to holding it for long periods of time, til he's about to burst. This morning he did a pooping slide, or a sliding poop, whichever. I feel so bad for him. I want to spread ice melt so he can grip the ground. But I wonder about his tootsies. Will a quick rinse after coming in get the salts out of his pads?

Maybe I could pick up a big bag of kitty litter and spread it around. There is about an inch of ice out there. I don't know how much help that would be.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could convince him it was alright to poop on the deck (would that make it a poop deck? :roll: ) and then I could pick it up with something and fling it into the woods. He thinks a floor is still inside and so a no-no, and he won't do it. He'll potty on the flat right beside the deck, but a poop is a major production, tramping up the hill.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Rita...what about booties for his feet to ensure safety and you can also spread the safe de-melter for dogs for him?

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
would that make it a poop deck?
Thanks for the laugh!

I just bought some stuff at Petco today that's safe on .......called Safe Paws??.........geeeez...........it's in the garage. But it's suppose to be just fine.
Booties will work too. But one thing is to be sure to take them off immediately and wash them frequently. My Springer got a fungus from the booties... :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
He would never let me put anything on his feet. He won't let me pet or brush them. I guess he's ticklish.
hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts