Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for all the posts, lately! We are just getting to know Favor, and vice versa!

He loves to eat toilet paper and Kleenex!

If someone accidently leaves the bathroom door open, he devours the TP.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
260 Posts
kumo is about 11 months old, and he loves to eat used kleenexes. we feel fortunate because he's really good about only chewing on his own toys -- EXCEPT when he finds a kleenex laying around. then he shreds it and eats all the little pieces. he hasn't gotten into the TP yet, thank goodness. we cope by trying really hard to not leave kleenexes where he can get at them. i supposed that stopping the TP shredding would be like stopping any other unwanted chewing behavior... keep an eye on him all the time so you can catch him in the act, stop the unwanted behavior, and redirect to chewing something acceptable.

here's a recent pic of kumo:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah at 9mo is still obsessed with kleenex/napkins/papertowels. The only time he goes for the tp is if it's hanging from the roll, then he does a "grab and dash". I keep my eye on it so it's only happened twice. once with company so it was quite humorous!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
hey gene I was wondering where ya been :)
nice to see you :)

I have 5 dogs and the little toy poodle has a napkin fetish!
My poor 5 year old knows at home napkin goes on the table not the lap
and out it goes on the lap not the table!

And yes my 9 month olf doodle seems to think TP is a chew toy. We have
it in a hard to reach place now. Its not a doodle trait per se because my other doodle could care less. :) Guess are puppy is just bored cause the big dogs take all his toys! Might be a 5th child syndrome :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max for the past month has discovered CHARMIN DOUBLE ROLL TP is his favorite!
here I am picking it up for 20min finding bits and pieces everywhere till i found the main source...know what? AT the same time unkown to me Max was working on roll #2!!! :shock:

I wasn't happy but started laughing because at that moment I realized why I continually kept finding a new roll of toliet paper in my son's bathroom sink. Daily I put it back on top of the toliet and find it back in the sink later that night hahhahahhaaa Little did i know TP thief was in the making!
AT one time Max only had paper napkin fetish now tp is on his priority list.

OH Bounty the quicker picker upper...Max's other favorite. They aren't digested too well and let's say he needs assistance every so often when outside doing his number :roll:

BTW my breeder says Max's dad ( a std poodle) does the same thing

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
movistar said:
hey gene I was wondering where ya been :)
nice to see you :)
Thanks, my mom passed away and i've been busy dealing with that. Mostly through home improvements....with doodle help. while putting in new vinyl tile in the bathroom, Jonah ignored the toilet paper, but stole the following....wood ruler (destroyed), screw driver (chewed, but retrieved), marker (ditto). The best was i turned my back and the tile i just cut went by me in a black streak, stuck to his beard! :shock: That was a tough one to retrieve! Thank the Lord for doodle helpers! They cut your time to double! :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm so sorry, Gene, to hear about your Mom :( Glad to have you back with us.

Archie is the TP thief. I finally had to keep my bathroom door closed because he would shred every roll of toilet paper I put in there. He is a natural thief anyways, but TP was his favorite.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Gene...so sorry and hope you're doing as well as expected. Nice to see you here again.

I wonder if Jonah is like one of my previous dogs that could use his teeth to UNDO latches and get free alllll the time!!! :roll: :shock:
Doodles are known for their intelligence, you know :D :) :p

Ok so we're all learning to put under lock and key:

Toliet Paper escpecially double rolls.
Paper Napkins
definitely wooden rulers

Socks :?: ...but it's too much fun watching doodles steal them hahhaha
Flash lightening bolts streaking across bedrooms , ears flapping behind them, and hear them laughing like Mutley. :wink:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Gene I to am sorry to hear about your mom. She sounded so sweet and I can't help but smile thinking that Jonah amused her in her last months of life here on earth :) What an excellent addition to your family and what a wonderful time for him to entertain her and help you now :)

G

·
Gene, I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad your Mom got to share Jonah and his silly antics. And I am glad Jonah is there to comfort and amuse you.
My thought and prayers are with you.
Here is a poem my Mom read at my Great Aunt's funeral:
All Is Well
Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household world that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It it the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well.

Henry Scott Holland
1847-1918

·
Registered
853 Posts
Gene - I am so sorry for you loss. Your mother sounded like a wonderful woman. I'm glad she was able to share in your joy of Jonah.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts