Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let's have a bit of fun.

we all have cute nicknames for our doodles...thats a given.

BUT do any of you have a doodle that can't do a certain command and you end up having to use a silly word or something different and then your doodle listens and does a certain command or trick?

here's some real examples:

1. I have a friend down the road that has a YELLOW LAB that will not sit down unless they say the word KITCHEN :shock:

2. Kirby will sit immediately if you say DUBBA :shock: or specifically say SIT DOWN Kirby

3. Max learned the word SETTLE to lie down when a young puppy

4. If we say NITEY NITE TIME max will run into his crate...peanut goes and hides :roll:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Nite Nite sends Annabelle flying down the hall and up on the bed and she does a 180 in mid air so she is facing the door when she lands

"excuse me" is what I use to grab her attention when she does something she shouldnt be doing, she knows she better listen up fast

used that with my labs too - my neighbor used to laugh when I would do that with Heidipooh and Mollyann, said they listened better than their son :lol:

when it's time for us to eat - I just say living room and off she goes, she isnt allowed at the table while we eat - of course she can see us as the living room is attached to the dining area but she must be on the other side of doorway, I can say go lay down and 2 seconds later she's right there but with Living room, she goes and stays until we are done

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Anytime I have to leave the house without Denver,
I tell him I am "going to work." He goes straight to his crate .
If the cats are fighting with each other we tell Denver
"Go See"and he will go and get in between the cats and breaks it up.
At bedtime I have always given my cats a few treats and since I
have had Denver i wanted him to be in on it. Denver sits on the beds and watches as I throw some treats on the floor for the cats. I then put a hand
ful of kibble off to the side and this is what Denver watches for.
The cats go around and eat up their treats and always leave the little pile in the middle. Denver starts to get excited when he sees all the treats gone except for this bit and then stares at me and puts his paw on my arm. I tell him "Clean it up" and off he goes to eat the "cat treat treasure"
The cat treat treasure is actually Dog kibble (Canidae) and that is the reason why the cats do not eat it and Denver thinks he is getting some of the sacred cat food that he is otherwise never allowed to have.

:wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sue ... so clever with the kibble. Childless, I incorporated a phrase my mom always used on babies ... "Lay Little Heady Down". Used only at bedtime it's the signal that Mom is ready to hit the hay and Ebbe is too. The other ... when she doesn't stop when I stop on a walk, a simple HEY! seems to do the trick.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Annmarie ... THREE! I'll be honest, we would all love you to do it because the stories would be Great! But ... THREE! Look at Peanut -- multiply -- think of your jelly cat Giraffe. THREE :shock: But I must admit ... that third one would be a very lucky doodle.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Okay ... it's late Saturday night ... very hot in Cincinnati ... Went to the wrong thread. The above is for the Annmarie's third doodle post. Very tired. Long day. Week fourteen of remodel begins on Monday ...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Foodlady ...you're becoming more like me each and every day hahahaa

and I LOVE all the cute things everyone here listed hahahaa lov it!! :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Haha, Mary--you did nothing the rest of us haven't done!!

"Cougar!" is the command I use when I want Dakota to go into a crouch and intensly wait for his ball to be thrown! This is the best "cougar" photo I have, but it's even funnier when he crouches behind a boulder or a big clump of sagebrush. When he does this he is "hiding" from his prey as any good cougar would do! Of course, I can always see him (or at least parts of him) but I'm sure he thinks I can't!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Sue...Denver is so lucky to have a sneaky conniving Mommy like you...I can just picture it! I sure can relate to the paw move!! :lol:

Diane, I can just picture the expression on a passerby when you say cougar!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
For Cinnamon, "Go watch" means look out the front window, "go see" means look out the back. Works well when you want to distract her.

She has no idea what a pig's ear is, to her it's "dessert!!"

She knows that "come" just means I want to know where you are and come here to my area. It's when I stick on "Here" than she will come to me. Sometimes I say "come here" and sometimes I say just "here" and she comes to me and sits in front of me like "What?"

She gets a sharp "HEY" when I really want her attention usually followed by a "don't eat that - drop it!!"

:roll:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sue-

That treat routine is too cute. What a great mommy you are for thinking of it for sweet Denver.

Dianne- I'd love to see Dakota in action with that cougar move. How about a video? (although I don't know how to post them myself!)

As for Lexi- our stupid little embarrasing phrases are limited to leftovers from when my kids were small.

"Seepy time" sends her to her crate for bed.
"Potty pot" sends her to the door to be let out to releive herself.

Maddie and Lexi

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Maddie wrote
"Seepy time" sends her to her crate for bed.
"Potty pot" sends her to the door to be let out to releive herself.
Maddie I think it is adorable, and lets be honest here
If you could here me talk to my animals sometimes
it would sound very similiar to some of your words and
i am sure we all do silly talky things that even on this forum we have not yet admitted to. Bahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
MaxandMe said:
Foodlady ...you're becoming more like me each and every day hahahaa
Bless you Annmarie ... went to bed Saturday night so embarassed :oops:
You don't suppose that pitcher of Blue Moon beer Marc and I shared with our pizza had anything to do with it, do you? :?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Diane ... thanks for making me feel better too! FYI those of you new to the forum. Every week these fine folks make you feel like part of the family :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
isnt' that one of the new Belgium beers? mmmmmmmm care to share :wink:

and Foodlady you should never be embarrassed here. and if you ever are just askthe forum how many 'moments" i've had and they might even post the link for you to read it. hahaahhaaaa

Since last Friday i have been on hydrocodone and let me tell you most of the time i have DAVE read my posts BEFORE i hit the submit button cause i don't always type what i think and reading things wrong at times too hahhahaha hell provides more fun if i have a "dirty blonde" moment :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts