Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since getting Ruby, I've taken her outside with me to get the morning paper and taught her to pick it up and bring it in. Recently, as she's become an adolescent, she has turned this into what she thinks is a very fun chase game. I'm beginning to wonder whether it was smart of me to teach her to retrieve the paper. :?

Like others, she swaps socks, undies...actually, any piece of used clothing will do. But the fun really begins when someone removes a shoe and she sprints to get a warm, worn shoe...tearing across the kitchen & hearth room to get into her favorite chair. The size of the shoe is no matter. Can be my son's size 10 that nearly fits in her mouth or my husband's size 12 that looks way to heavy for her. The expression on her face is so cute...so much excitement, thrill and happiness to get a freshly worn shoe!

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is my Emmy doing her daily paper retrieving. The trick is to let her prance down the hall with praise, snatch the paper with a "drop" command, and follow with a treat.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
That picture is great!!!

however I would only get concerned when she starts "reading" it :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts