Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There, Has anyone heard of a Lyndon Kansas breeder (PM me for the name). If anyone heard of her or has contact info or a web page or a doggie from her please reply.. Thanks!!! Patti :) :lol:
Send any information to me through a PM please.

G

·
Patti,
I did see her name on the net as possibly the owner of a breeder in Lyndon, Kansas.
Please PM me for more information.
I would see if anyone in Kansas knows her or if you are nearby in Kansas, I would drive by.
Keep asking around.
I am not a breeder, but I think if a person is breeding many different types of puppies, it would be difficult to be an expert in any one breed type. (I am not sure this is the case here, but the name could imply that.)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good advice, Linda...I agree...and you can search the archives of this forum to find a LOT of info on how to select a good breeder...there are specific topics about back yard breeders and puppy mills.
And if you do a google search, you can find lots of info on how to find/select a reputable breeder.
Please do research on that before you fall in love with your puppy...I promise it will be time well spent.

G

·
Patti,
Are you looking for a new puppy, or, are you having a problem and trying to trace the breeder of your puppy?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
No knowledge here, but it looks like someone who goes by this name is a USDA breeder from doing a quick little googling.

are all USDA breeders those that sell to pet stores, or pet brokers?

I don't know, and wouldn't want to state something I can't back up, but I'd like to learn.

Patti, if you are looking for a puppy can I recommed reading Jacque's post about puppy mills and quality breeders?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a dog from a pet store. I did not know, as it was misrepresented to me, that the operation, at the time of a routine inspection in January, 2004, had 620 dogs, including 156 puppies and 464 dogs of many different breeds, including Shih Tzus, Cockers, Wheaten terriers, and poodles. I pulled a puppy mill report and found a lot of information I wished I'd had before I bought our dog. He is great, but he is not the best quality (we love him anyway), but I was clueless about puppy mills and pet store pups, etc. I've since learned a lot. Please send me a PM if you would like more information about my breeder.

·
Registered
858 Posts
google her name, I didn't go through all the results but I did find something that gives you an address, and some information accusing her of running a puppy mill

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought a Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier puppy from a pet store in November. The puppy had vaginitis when we brought her home and we were told that this was very common in females and that this would clear up shortly. She was very good about going to the door to go out, however it would not be long before we noticed that there would be a puddle on the floor. Then we noticed that whenever she woke up her bedding was wet. We next discovered that when we were holding her she would seem to leak urine. We couldn't keep her dry for very long.

Our vet told us that she could possibly have a displaced bladder or an ectopic ureter and that testing and surgery could run close to $3000. If the surgery failed it would mean having a dog that wore diapers. He had experience with this and encouraged us to give her back to the pet store.

The store is owned by a vetinarian's wife, so he treated her for a weak bladder sphincter muscle, telling us that this was probably her problem. After two weeks she had not improved and our vet advised us not to bring her home.

It was a heartbreaking experience for us. We had Pheebe with us for close to two months. We were assured that she would not be euthanized and most likely returned to the breeder. When I googled the breeder's name it appeared on http://www.petshoppuppies.com.. The discriptions of the problems with some of her puppies was disturbing.

We have a twelve year old Wheaton that we purchased from this same pet store, but we will not buy another dog without visiting the breeder. I realize this is a very long answer to your question, but I would not want anyone else to go throught this experience.

Please PM me for the breeder's name or further information.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts