Labradoodle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm going for that facial trim next time. You couldn't see Breezy's eyes 2 weeks after her cut. Plus she is suddenly fascinated with the soil in my plants. Which sticks to her mustache/beard... Yuck! We are working on it. :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Stanlee was exactly 15 weeks in the picture. I know, he's obviously not a mini.

I found a great check sheet online yesterday and saved it to my work computer (arg) will try and find it right now. Great reference for groomers, too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ok i hate to ask this but does anyone have their neck all the way to the chin shaved but the sides and head left alone? i trim rylee to where she has no hair on her chin (for drinking and burr reasons) and trim the sides to be even with her chin...

·
Registered
112 Posts
We started having Georgia shaved down in March because it gets so hot in the South in the summer time. However, the maintenance on a short cut is killing us! She has to be shaved back down every 4 weeks now. I have never seen hair grow as fast it grows on this doodle! Looking forward to fall when I can start leaving her to grow it out again.

·
Registered
164 Posts
warcopwife do you trim her hair yourself? or do you take her to get cut? i found if i went to walmart and bought the trimmers then i could cut rylees hair the trick is treats and alot of them! i do small homade dot treats (though they are not really homemade i buy them from a store that makes them

·
Registered
112 Posts
warcopwife do you trim her hair yourself? or do you take her to get cut? i found if i went to walmart and bought the trimmers then i could cut rylees hair the trick is treats and alot of them! i do small homade dot treats (though they are not really homemade i buy them from a store that makes them
I have a pair of sheers for doing little bitty trims, but we tried to shave her feet and we made that poor puppy look like she was wearing leg warmers! :roll: I put the dang trimmers away and have taken Georgia to the groomer ever since! :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
yep the only problem i had was her legs (i need a smaller trimmer for those small things!) and i missed a little stubborn spot on her back side.lol. all in all it was very easy and she is so layed back in her chair! she put up with it! her chin though is what made me mad :evil: she like i said does not drink water she dips her chin into it! so saying the tight bottom chin hair!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Looks great. I'm totally not brave enough to do it - may have to learn how though, it is either that or take a second mortgage on the house to pay for grooming. :mrgreen:

21 - 40 of 51 Posts