·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
open an account (its free) at photobucket.com, copy and paste from there

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I pick doodle too. No self-respecting poodle would have a long tail. Hahaha!

And the face has alot of lab qualities.

I'm sorry I have no advice about that boy stuff. My understanding is that dogs that are neutered later and have been active will be a bit harder to subdue. The neutering should help but I don't know how much.

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Hi :)

We had Kirby neutered at 13 months which is a bit late...his hormones definitely calmed down afterwards. We never saw his red rocket before or after so I can't comment on that...but Dexter was neutered at 5 months and the red rocket still makes an appearance from time to time.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
My daughter had a cockapoo and he was neutered at about 3 yrs. He was a rescue so not really sure about the age. He would hump a stuffed animal daily but other than that one event per day he did not display his ware.

I think Kahlua is a labradoodle and a beautiful one at that. Welcome to the forum :wink:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Definitely doodle... absolutely looks more like a doodle than my Sammy who everyone said was an irish wolfhound/chow/lab/mutt...

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Welcome to Doodleland
Denver was neutered at around eight months and he still humps
a blanket and pillow once in a while and we ignore it.
His lipstick makes an appearance on the rare occasion.
He will be two in May.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome!
Oh, gosh, yes...that is a doodle! (Believe me, I have goldendoodles, labradoodles and poodles...and yours is a Labradoodle...I'd stake my reputation on it...such as it is... :oops: )
And, when you talk about his sweetness, that just confirms it even more.
About boy dogs...if you want to avoid the marking, humping, running off after girl dogs, etc. you will want him neutered BEFORE he reaches maturity...generally that is around 6-9 months. I would say to neuter him at 5 or 6 months, but talk it over with your vet.
Neutering him before maturity also helps prevent some kinds of cancer. And, it is a fairly low impact operation...well, men won't agree with that...but compared to spay, the guys have it made!
Just be sure to get a vet you trust.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I have 1 labradoodle, 2 standard poodles... and 2 labs... so see those faces every day. I'd say yours is a labradoodle. Poodle heads are far narrower and oh heck... they look like THIS:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Re: Kahlua

Megan said:
Does this mean we have to live with the erections forever? Any experience with this would be appreciated.
Having owned many neutered male dogs, you can expect that he's going to to continue displaying the old "red rocket" when he gets overstimulated. Remember 2 things... He's a DOG and it's usually a sign that he's healthy. A co-worker of mine can tell when her dog is ill by how frequently he humps his favorite stuffed toy!

And I also say he looks like a doodle!

·
Registered
273 Posts
So sorry you had such a bad day! Were you by chance using a retractable leash? They can be really hard on your hands if you have to reach out and grab the cord. Folks on this board are very helpful so any questions you have or any problems you want people to give input on just ask away. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you!

Heather

1 - 20 of 30 Posts