Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a grand and happy day! It's raining so our park outing is canceled. So I think to myself...now's the perfect time to replace that old kitchen faucet! I get the kit from Home depot, come home, route around the basement and find the water main. turn it off, get my trusty scant assortment of tools and start to remove the old fixture. Hot water side disconnects fine, cold water with a struggle, comes off. Try to remove fixture......rusted shut!! So after a 1/2 hour and discovering that laying on my back looking up makes me nauseous, I put it back together and decide to get some help at a later date. Then I realize that i bent the crap out of the copper tubing part of the fixture and now it sprays everywhere!! :shock: Since the plumbing is old, the main for just the kitchen sink won't shut off. Sooooooo, I have a call into a 24 hour plumber.....waiting impatiently for a call back. I really don't care about the cost right now....I JUST WANT IT DONE!!
In the mean time, the kids are all dirty and stinky from mucking it up in the yard!! :twisted:

Thanks for letting me vent!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Gene, I'm sorry you're having problems with your plumbing.
Did you remember to jerk your pants down on your hips the appropriate amount before you bent down under said sink? That seems to be a necessary part of the preparation for a successful job. Maybe it's what prevents the nausea?

**ducking**

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry tink, pants had already slipped, and still nauseous.

Oh I realize how much I miss the water....have tried to was my hands twice now.....duh! :roll:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Echo....seems like I only "oops" when you're around, That was supposed to be WASH....but with all the guk on my hands....... :lol:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
gene said:
Echo....seems like I only "oops" when you're around, That was supposed to be WASH....but with all the guk on my hands....... :lol:
Don't want to get that new keyboard all gross, do you!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Gene --seems we WERE having a drought until TODAY? :wink: hahahahaa
perhaps your plumbers crack wasn't in the right place :shock:

I DO feel your pain as once at 6:15am a pipe sprung a hole and OMG it was to the main water line with HOT water shooting out in 10 different directions in my basement ...I called DAVE at the time and he came over in 30minutes.

Rotorooter guys.......they take took long to arrive and won't sing the song either :roll:

hang in there, and i have an paddleboat along with extra paddles if you need any. Just PM me :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
gene said:
I'm really glad that was a typo, I'd hate to think what that would mean otherwise!

Oh, and sorry, I can't seem to resist picking on you! It's that Youngstown vs Sharon thing.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Bwahahahahaha...so sorry to laugh Gene, but don't you know the number one rule in plumbing??? NEVER,NEVER,NEVER attempt a plumbing project on a weekend!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Been there, done that.....and that's all I'll say....hahaha....but I do feel bad for you.....tee-hee...ahem...I REALLY,REALLY DO!!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
know what's so GREAT about all of US on this forum? we are so caring and sympathetic for Gene right now due to Tink taking the 1st caring crack at you :wink:
hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The plumber (2nd one I called) is at home depot getting supplies right now. Needless to say (thank you dear departed jury rigging father of mine :wink: ), the main thing I've heard is..." you know you're not up to code?" :shock: . So, my $80 faucet is costing me $469 + tax! :shock: :shock: :shock: There are other problems also, but those are to be quoted and scheduled at a later date. I think I'm going to have them fix my back yard "rainy day" pool also. The plumber told me as he was leaving that it was OK with him to let the doods in as long as they don't bite. I sniggered to myself thinking that biting is the least of his worries! They're wet, stinky, and Jonah's itchin' to love a stranger!! :roll:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PS: I would never expect anything less than care and understanding from my friends(????) at the forum! :roll: :wink: :oops: :lol: :shock: :twisted:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
How come I missed this??????
Must have been out or sleeping.
Oh Gene this is such a pain as I went through
everything in my house all breaking down at once a couple of months ago.
Hope the plumber calls soon.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Actually GENE i went OMG when you posted the bill. and also LET jonah help the plumber :wink:

I had to replace my washer and dryer, plumbing, dishwasher. then on faher's day my hot water tank sorta blew up? hahahaa OH i also had 40 gallons of water back up in my basement , using a wetdry vac for 2 days as it kept seeping in again. This all occurred within 5moths--I had to apply for charge cards at home depot and lowes!

Hang in there and sorry but for some reason i still have the OMG giggles :shock: :wink: :D :mrgreen:

who loves ya baby? :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had Jonah on his gentle leader when the plumber came back. As I opened the door, the leader came unfastened! But Jonah never jumped up!! I was so impressed. The plumber said he has a calming effect on dogs....I guess so! Jonah is worse with my family!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yeah Jonah! Good boy! Fingers crossed Gene that the plumbing job isn't too involved or too expensive! We all know how these home projects can morph out of control! Let's hope not this time! :shock:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In case any of you wanted to see what a $549 faucet looks like...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Pictures just can't do it justice...... :roll:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
MaxandMe said:
know what's so GREAT about all of US on this forum? we are so caring and sympathetic for Gene right now due to Tink taking the 1st caring crack at you :wink:
hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Moi? :shock: Not me a plumber! I keep my crack well covered I'll have you know! :lol:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts