Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Our Labradoodle, Nala, had her distemper shot today. We just got her earlier this week at 8 weeks old and are totally in love. We were with her for 4.5 hours after the shot and she seemed fine. We then left her in her area for about three hous, and when we returned she had vomited three times and made a big mess (not her fault, I know). Is this a normal side effect? We called the emergency vet and they asked if she was swelling, and she is not. They didn't seem very concerned. Should we be worried? Also, she is extra tired, but the vet said she would be. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Nala, Did the distemper shot include the leptosoprosis vaccine also? Our LD, Lani, had a reaction to the distemper with the leptoat 12 weeks. The vet told us there might be a reaction. We didn't get out of the vets office before she threw up. She did have more of a reaction and broke out in hives. They gave her a shot of benadryal and later a shot of adrenaline. When she got her final shots the spaced the rabies and distemper a week apart and did not give the lepto with the distemper. I would ask the vet about the lepto. Hope this helps. it is hard because we worry about the puppies just like we do about our kids! :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yes,,,the reaction was likly to the Lepto~~

Never Ever Never allow your vet to give a 7way vaccine(DHLPP) to a puppy under 16weeks old
only give 5way vaccine, i use proguard have never had any kind of reaction
Dont let the vet tell you that its been tested safe for a puppy,, no vaccine with lepto in it is safe

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know you puppy is much older now. I was wondering did she have any other reaction to be vaccinated after that? I had the same problem but my puppy Crush had distemper and kennel cough vaccine. Throwing up 4 times Undigested food. Giving me a big scare with diarrhea too. I am switching vets because she didn't warn me that this could happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts