Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girls are 7 1/2 wks old and don't seem to be eating like they should. I don't think they have their back molars yet and so we grind up their food and make puppy mush. Sometimes they are just too playful and distracted to eat. Any suggestions? BTW, our 4yr old black lab is still adjusting to them and doesn't really directly contribute to their distraction.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
They are old enough to be eating dry kibble for sure. Is this the same food the breeder sent you home to mix and wean them off of or a different brand? It could be you just need to Doctor it up a little to get them use to it a little bacon drippings, chicken broth something to make it be just a little more yummy. Some doodles are a little fincky when it comes to food they get this from the poodle. :roll: Keep us posted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. The "breeder" is my best friend and this is her first time with pups. Having had soooo many (15 in the litter) she's been a reallly overprotective mom. They seem to be doing better since we quit grinding their food. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts