Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just encountered my first personal taste of Labradoodle negativity. It was on a Wisconsin bulletin board where I'd posted along with many others, advertising my "hybrid" pups for sale. MAN people can be so narrow minded and critical.

I refuse to argue with them, but had to vent somewhere and figure you all will understand. I respectfully stated my opinion and will leave it at that.

**Sitting on my own hands to prevent them from taking me back there.**

Argggggggggggggggggg

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest.
SIGH

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ah, c'mon Tink...go back one more time to post this thread:

http://www.canine-genetics.com/Default.htm

And challenge them to read through it with an open nimd. You might want to ask them how many "Pure" bred dogs have been put to death when they were born because they were the wrong color or had a bent tail or some other "conformation" difficulty...ugh! Narrowminded bigots!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Thank goodness those narrow minded people don't know what they're missing in a doodle because those people would be the worst possible owners of our sweet, gentle dogs. IMHO. We love you Tink; you can vent here anytime!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jac and Meg.
I can't go back there because it's impossible to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. And it appears there are several of them there. :roll: I would probably end up telling then just how ignorant they appear to me and that's not going to accomplish anything.

If anyone is interested, the thread that's got my blood boiling can be seen at:
http://bb.mwt.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=sho ... &mode=full

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Sorry you had to deal with people who don't have the sense to be informed before making a statement

Vent away all you want here, you are among friends :)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I found many stupid sites like that before I
landed here. It is so hard not to get drawn in
but I am gonna go and take a little look see.......

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks, Vanessa! :oops:
Whoops, I detected couple of spelling errors...thanks for posting this...made me re-read and correct the errors.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I agree Vanessa I loved Jac's answer...................
Some people just like to fight about what they do not know
Good going Jac and Tink:wink: :wink: :wink:
You guys know(Jac,Tink) that we(I) have got your back should the rumble hit the big times...............or little times for that matter teehee

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jac, as always, you were right on target with your response. I have had similar discussions with Cowgirl (the one who spoke to your first post there) before about puppy mills and such... she at least speaks from the heart and walks the walk. It's the ones who just jump in and start bashing things they know nothing about that light the fuse on my tampon. :evil:

Too bad we can't just have a doodle romp and bring it to all these nay sayers. A few dozen doodles could cuddle and lick them into submission! :lol:

Thanks for the support all!
I'm not an authority on genetics, so was reluctant to get in over my head... but I don't think that group was looking for facts anyway... they just wanted to hide behind the anonymity of the internet to take their hostilities out on who ever happened along. Lesson learned.

G

·
Hah! Look what happens when someone posts intelligently and coherently, all the little small minds go scurrying back to their cracks in the wall. I think these breeders are very jealous that so many potential customers have chosen non AKC dogs. All they need to do is watch the Dog Show on Thanksgiving to hear how each AKC breed was developed and then recognized by AKC and they would understand that a Labradoodle will be a recognized breed, probably sooner than later.(Although based on what Jac has told us about AKC that DOES not make me happy!).

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They're BACK

The poster who calls himself BADKARMA (well at least he's right about that much!) said:

You have said alot for sure BUT you have sidestepped the question. How do you sleep at night charging that much for a mutt? It is all about the dollar when you are talking about mutts.

When the AKC recognizes a breed there is much that goes on that you probably need to research on because by your response you do not have any idea. These fancy names are no breed or cross name but a made up one and the backyard breeders that choose to make up a name and do the breeding just for the money.

Now you mentioned DNA lets go there for a minute. What testing do you do? Is it just the testing on the dogs heritage or do you do more? If you want to have fun do a compability test on the sire and dam to see if they are compatable. That test is around $7000 per dog. If that is not done that health guaratee is worthless and is only a selling point. Lets see how seroius and sincere in your breeding a quality animal with little chance for health defects. If that testing is not done that shows the caring part and the need for the money. I am curious if you really are in it to help people or make money on them. Serious breeders that have a sincere interest in the health and continuation of a breed has this done and their health guarantee is not 3 generations but for the entire life of the dog. The health guarantee only guaranees the buyer gets their money back but the poor dog just gets killed....SO WHO DOES THAT GUARANTEE PROTECT? AND WHO PAYS THE PRICE? WHO MAKES THE MONEY?
Talk about overkill! He makes it sound like we're forcing people to buy these dogs or holding ransom something essential to their very life!
He's not curious... he's out for blood and I'd rather give mine to a worthy cause.

G

·
Like I said in another post, some forums are scary! :lol:
Good job Jac!
Tink, I find it interesting that this guy thinks if you gve a health guarantee and it is utilized, the dog will be killed? :shock: Interesting thought, wonder where he encountered that practice? Not from our good labradoodle breeders, who offer the health warranty without a need to return the dog(unless desired) and they certainly would not be KILLED if returned :shock:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Linda, the only thing I've seen killed is the traffic on that forum. The previous weeks there have been multiple posts advertising all varieties of dogs... hybrids galore... now they've managed to scare off all of those breeders. I imagine none want to face the criticism and ignorance there. I know it doesn't make me want to rush back there. I'll place my ads elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, so I'm weak... couldn't help myself... I had to go back just one more time and tell my side of things. I've been stewing about this all morning and it just wasn't gonna go away. :evil:
I doubt it will make a lick of difference to the knotheads over there, but it made me feel better, so that's all I can do.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, make that twice, but she's so easy to prove wrong tht I can't help myself!

Some one PLEASE make me stop now! :lol:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I don't usually read General Chat but I'm glad I saw this thread. You doodle people handled yourself very well! Good work! It just goes to show that not only are doodles smart, but their owners and breeders are absolutely brilliant. :D

I gotta say, however, that the breeding world is a tough one. I considered it for a few moments but knew I couldn't handle the human stress. The dog part would have been great, but the people are hard to take.

Deb

1 - 20 of 30 Posts