Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We paid $225 for classes once a week for 6 weeks.
Well.........they stopped and said we were done 17 minutes early tonight!!
I'm like........WHAT!!?? I'm sure there is SOMETHING MORE we could do!!.......not just say Ba-BYE!!
I mentioned this to one of the trainers and she said, "Yeah! Isn't that great! We got everything covered quickly!"

We learned some good things again, but as far as I'm concerned those 17 minutes could've been spent reinforcing what we learned not just kicking us out and waiting for the next class..........Hubby and I are not happy campers! If it happens again, I think we have the right to moan, groan, whine and create a scene........hahaha.........well........kind of!! :roll:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I'm with you.....I'd make them add 17 minutes to the next class, or give you back a percentage! You know they'd charge more if it went over....... :roll:

Or in the next class.......ask questions near the end....
like.... Bogie's having trouble with " ", can we do this again.....then stretch it out...... :lol:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Yikes, I cannot get over the $225 for 6 classes.
I would definately want the 17 minutes added on.
We pay $120.00 for 6 classes.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, really gene!! I did ask some questions but they seemed rushed........ticked me off.
I honestly think they scheduled their classses poorly. 6:30-7:30 and 7:30-8:30........well HELLO!! How do you get 10 puppies OUT the door at 7:30 sharp...........and 10 pups IN for the 7:30 class!???
Sounds like poor planning to me! Last week there were like 20 dogs..........10 trying to leave and 10 standing in the parking lot in the snow waiting to come in. So, I guess we got jipped and the other class got the full hour since no other class is after that! :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LINDA why not complain to the manager?
i pay $115 for 8 weeks and usually i'm looking at my watch because we've gone PAST an hour a few times.

also yes poor planning indeed.......unless you make a complaint
they will keep doing this

and it ISN"T great ..... they should use the time to reinforce certain basics or like Gene said, Ask a question

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How the heck are these classes so much more expensive then the 120 & 115!!?? Blows my mind!!!!
I am DEFINITELY calling to complain tomorrow. Hubby and I talked about it late tonight and he's even more ticked than me.......so that's pretty bad..lol

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
wow that does seem expensive...our classes were under $120. We also ended a few a bit early (it ticked me off too), so I feel your frustration.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I paid $110 for 8 weeks of agility class. I think it was the same for Charlie's beginner obedience class. In our class, though, there is just one instructor and about 6 dogs. There were up to 15 dogs in the obedience class. Does your class have less dogs or more instructors? I would guess they have to pay the instructors so if you have more then you'd pay more.

Still, I'd also want to get my money's worth. There must be some way they could use the whole time.

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda...i'd be a bugger to deal with at petsmart

you paid for an hour , you want it and suggest they reschedule future classes with a 10min break inbetween

oh we have one main trainer and then 3 to 4 other trainers in a class
and the owner most nights watch as well

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Linda...i'd be a bugger to deal with at petsmart

you paid for an hour , you want it and suggest they reschedule future classes with a 10min break inbetween
Is this a petsmart class? If so I am really surprised because we took their classes a year ago...and the cost was under $150. I wonder if ours here went up a lot?

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VERY DISAPPOINTED in the response we got today regarding this early dismissal.
The trainer called me back and she was just yammering on and on about how, why and how okay it is to go early. :roll:
I could hardly get a word in edgewise and I finally started talking right over her upon which she said, EXCUUUUUSE ME!!!!!??
I ignored that and proceeded to FINALLY talk to no avail.

Her opinion is that they accomplished their objectives early and it was outr job to go home and do our homework.
My husband and I being teachers ..........I said, "I couldn't dimiss a student early if my objectives were accomplished! I'd reinforce the objectives!"
She then said that sometimes they'll dismiss early and sometimes late!!And this really got me......."We won't charge you if dismissed late!""........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I was ready to blow a gasket, but bit my tongue and said, "Well, then as long as it balances out...I'll be happy!"
I swear....this woman's attitude was horrible!
She was right....I was wrong...............thank you good-bye.

I don't think we'll be doing the imtermediate class there. I'm happy with what they are teaching and Bogie is doing so much better from their techniques.....but unless their attitude is adjusted we won't be enrolling again.
My husband wanted to call her back. He said I was too nice. Well, what's the point?? I wasn't going to get beyond her Cujo, Alpha side..........so I was a sweet Labradoodle and whoofed a bit and backed off...........but I ened it with a very aloof, curt goodbye......I think she got the point!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda...please talk to the manager and then also go online and write a letter stating facts and WHY you won't sign back up

then go to your vets who might be able to suggest another place
or to places that do CGC testing, they might be able to advise you of good OB places.

i am fortunate for the place i go to and hahahhaa i have the opposite problem , when the hour is up i wanna go home hahhahaa i'm worn out

·
Registered
70 Posts
i pay £72 for 6 week-not sure what that is in dollars. i would warn her that if she isn't more polite you will be withdrawing from class. even if you're not intending to it might make her realise shes gonna lose some money if she doesn't keep people happy.
are other people in the class unhappy-you could all get together and complain :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Linda, if it's a Petsmart, if you're not satisfied, they refund....or that's what they told me. I'd talk to the store manager....then go higher. Now it's for attitude alone! :roll:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think there is a refund policy. I almost hate to ask right now and am willing to give it another shot next Thursday. Bogie has actually learned a lot from this and so have we.............but they do need to be more reasonable and see we should get what we're paying for time wise!!
Annmarie........I thought it was the manager that was going to call me back.........it wasn't. If after next week things aren't better, I'll definitely go further.

The 4th class will be a few more exercise and enrollment for Intermediate...haha.........they better have ONE HOUR classes every class from now on!
There is a place down the road I am going to visit during these next few weeks. I may go and watch and see how they handle things..........see if we should do intermediate there.

What's funny about this place is the have an A+ reputation! :roll: People around here rave about it! I'm hoping it was just one bad night and one mouthy trainer... :roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts