Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how our day went. We went to the dog park and there was still a bunch of ice...as the dogs play, it melts a lot. Of course that turns into mud. Dexter got into a good wrestling match (I was proud, the other dog was 100 lbs and he took her down) :lol:

However, this was the result:

He looks pretty proud of himself, doesn't he?

Therefore, Dexter needed a bath...And to get blown dry....

2 hrs later we have a clean bathroom and a clean sleepy Doodle :lol:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Wow
Dexter is stunning.
Because I have a chocolate dog I am thinking the light ones are easier
to clean cause you can see it, with Denver, you know he is filthy just do not know to what extent until you see it coming out in the shower. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
he is beautiful.. love the blow drying action pic

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
DEXTER is a sweetpie !!!! ohhhh he seems soooooooooo good at being blowed dried too!!!!

i love his muddy pics hahahhha !!! did he win? :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) thank you all for your nice complements. We washed him with an oatmeal shampoo and this time I used some of my suave conditioner on him (he has a few knots) and I think the conditioner made him a bit more shiny. Annmarie - he did win vs the st bernard :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
:) thank you all for your nice complements. We washed him with an oatmeal shampoo and this time I used some of my suave conditioner on him (he has a few knots) and I think the conditioner made him a bit more shiny. Annmarie - he did win vs the st bernard :)
Alright DEX...way to go!!!!!!! yeeeeeehaaa!!!! worth the dirt !!!! hahahhaha and always funnier when it's someone else's doodle getting that dirty heh heh heh

and when my yard thaws in the spring.....oh you will all have the last laugh when peanut gets full of 6acres of mud and muddy creek

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Dexter!!!! How cool is that????? A mud bath, a real bath, conditioner and a blow dry!!! Hugs, kisses and pictures! What a great day you had!!! Hope I grow up as handsome a doodle as you!!!! :D
Your pal,
Rrr-aleigh!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Dexter, Dakota, Mia and all other mud treatment doodles should remind their mommies HOW much money they're saving :shock: , I hear mud treatments at a SPA are very expensive. :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I jusrt realized you wrote 2hours later you have a clean doodle :shock: wow that is a long time hahhahahhaa

yesterday i let Max play with Peanut in our backyard...omg peanut went to lovely milk chocolate color in seconds doing somersaults, flips and rollls thru the mud and puddles with Max aiding her of course.
Bathing them afterwards...well lets say it almost took longer to clean the shower and bathrub out than them :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha...yeah it was 1.5 hrs to clean dexter (including blow drying) and at least 30 min to clean the bathroom including most of the walls (he shook himself while full of mud and it went everywhere). Ahhh...those days will be over soon as he's getting a cut (we were thinking 1/2 inch on his body and 1 inch on his head) this saturday. So to answer, we got him so clean by scrubbing for a long time :wink:

·
Registered
260 Posts
just to warn you if you haven't done this before -- 1/2 inch is REEEEEEALLY short -- it always looks shorter than you think! we had to have kumo shaved down to 1/2 inch when he got a bunch of burrs in his coat from a romp through the woods last september, and this is how he ended up:

-em

1 - 20 of 29 Posts