Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this will probably be long, so have some coffee, or just skip to the next topic :wink:

my alarm clock goes off at 5:45 this morning, 2 minutes later, my 90 yo mother is calling to me from downstairs that she needs to go to the emergency room. she fell in the bathroom Wednesday while getting up from the commode. she's a 90# soaking wet little thing to begin with. she's been moving slower than usual, but we went out for routine blood work yesterday and she was fine, just stiff. well, this morning she couldn't lower herself to the commode, so she got me. while she's getting clothes on, i let jonah out, we potty, i feed him, he comes back inside and terrorizes and gets into everything :twisted: . steals my shoes, etc. i put him in his crate...had to carry him :roll: .....and get my mom in the car. mind you, i had to open the store i work at (big box retail), so i call and say i'm running late. i get sympathy and "take your time". we get to the emergency room, wait 3 hours, get x-rays. good news no breaks just a few bruises a sore butt (mom says worse than giving birth) and we get a scrip for tylenol with codine. it's now 9:15, on the way home to drop her off, considering taking the day off to be with her.....no, phone rings, "how soon can you be here?". i say i'm off to wal-mart to get script filled, will come back, do a pta bath and head in to work. my wal-mart is always fast....except to day. i get to work at 10:15, do my paperwork, and the other manager sends me home :D .
i've spent the rest of the day trying to do the impossible, control a 8 month old doodle (today!) who seems to know that i'm at sorts and is taking advantage of it. and trying to get my mom comfortable. this does include rearranging furniture :wink:
then, i come back from helping my mom into her room and notice jonah with his nose in her soy protein milkshake into which i grind up glucosimine (sp) and calcium. i ask her if she drank any of her shake and she says no, so i tell her well jonah enjoyed it :? .
i finally get her to bed and take jonah out to do his "duty" and yep you guessed it, he's got the runs!! :!: i reach down with my little poop bag, the neighbors dog barks, Jonah pulls away, i get a handfull of poop :shock: :shock: :shock:
i think i'll go to bed now before something bad happens today! :D

i do hope you all can laugh at part of this.....now that i've written it, i am! :lol:

thanks for reading, and for those who dosed off......WAKE UP!! :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Wow, maybe you should rename Jonah "Murphy"(after Murphy's law of course)! :D

I'm glad your mom is ok and you got a break from work.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, her spirits are better today, but i took the day off to be here for her. tomorrow we're calling the doctor for more pain meds, and a recommendation for in home assistance. maybe i'll get a dog walker out of it also :wink: . Today Jonah is on his best behavior, or else he's worn out from the havoc caused yesterday.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
oh gene wished you lived closer would give you one good hug and a giggle for being such atrooper!!!!

sorry but I did giggle bout the running poopie episode due to neighbor's barking dog. Something similar happened to be in the past. :wink:

glad to hear your mom is ok, jonah enjoyed the shake and you will sleep great tonight for sure! hang in there

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks annmarie, we're all much better today. Jonah still has the runs so he's on the pepto cocktail today. and should i mention a little gassy also :shock: .
if you lived closer, i'd take the hug and ask to borrow your now unneeded fabreeze :wink:

G

·
Gene,
I hope your Mom is feeling better.
I guess the soy did not agree with Jonah...I can just hear him thinking, "Ugh, what is this stuff? Well, all I know is I am not supposed to have it, so I guess I'll finish it!" :lol:
Have a happy Monday because you deserve it!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you are so right! Jonah did crack me up today running around with a "Depends" in his mouth that he stole from my mom's room while we had our backs turned. Leaped the gate! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gene said:
you are so right! Jonah did crack me up today running around with a "Depends" in his mouth that he stole from my mom's room while we had our backs turned. Leaped the gate! :wink:
I love your sense of humor Gene!! :) Because my family and I seem to laugh sometimes or find humor in not-so good situations too.

Luckily Max only steals sexy panties and not OTHER things :wink: hahahhaa

G

·
Hahaha
Bella prefers the expensive, lacy items. I guess she could be called a high maintenance doodle.
I was away this weekend and left my dear hubby in charge.
I think Bella stole one of these items from the laundry basket, and dear hubby retrieved it from her mouth and laundered it.
Not realizing what this item had been subjected to, I then attempted to wear it. It was very early in the morning and I was trying to get by without turning on lights so I would not wake dear hubby.
Much of the lace was gone on one side, so I assumed that was the back part....very funny image as it took me a whole minute to figure out what must have happened.
:lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I can't stop laughing Linda....yeah had a visual image of this event.

Possibly you need to have coffee 1st before getting dressed Linda?? hahhaha that way you can be MORE attentive to Bella's needs in life? :wink:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm very thankful that my mother doesn't wear "sexy" underwear....that would be frightening! :shock:

mom is a little better today and in the past 2 hours, jonah has only gotten 1 depends....from where, i don't know. 2 bookmarks, and a "mouthfull" of kleenex straight from the box! :)

this my friends is a good day!! :D really!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Gene, your sense of humor will see you through the toughest times. AND I think we're all glad your 90 year old 90# mom isn't wearing sexy underwear. (but if she wanted to at her age I'd say go for it).
Glad she's feeling better. Does she find Jonah as amusing?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's hit or miss....when he gets her socks shoes....amusing is not one of the choice words she has for him :wink: . if he's chasing his tail, that will bring her to tears of laughter. :) she's still uncertain over the foot baths though :shock: . she says her favorite time is when he sleeps on his back in his "whale" (kennel).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts